Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

Greetings everyone! We have returned from our camping trip, and reality is hitting hard! I have been working on my Capstone paper since 6:00 am -- and am realllly wishing I was miles up in the mountains, secluded in the forest, away from nursing school again! ;)

But, I'm home. *sigh*.

I will be doing a vacation recap....soon. But in the meantime.....here my ten! :)

1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
Hm...I don't know how "action-y" this is...but I loved the Parent Trap. The new one. I don't think I ever saw the original? But, oh, how I wanted to be a twin, and go to a cool summer camp, and be Lindsay Lohan.

Wow, I'm really glad that dream never came true. You know, "being Lindsay Lohan" and all. I would be a crack-head. In rehab. So sad! What ever happened to our innocent little red-headed Lindsay?!


2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
Fidgeting. Good Lord, I feel sorry for anyone who has to talk to me face-to-face - espcially if I'm feeling nervous or stressed out. If there is something in my range that I can pick up and fidget with - I am sure to do so. Sometimes, I think I shall resort to sitting on my hands to stop this dreadful habit!

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Hardworking
Modest
Funny

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
None of them, really. I had nerdy tendencies like the blonde guy- but I was more of a "band nerd" or "speech geek" than "academic nerd". I definitely was no jock. I cared about how I looked, so I had a little "Molly Ringwald" in me - but,  what teenager isn't concerned about that.

Thank GOD I wasn't the weird nympho-girl who didn't talk - and used her dandruff to make art.....
5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
Oh boy. This may be interesting
1. Music Box - Regina Spektor
2. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash (Thanks to my brother Kevin)
3. Ironic - Alanis Morissette
4. Everything - Michael Buble
5. Shelter from the Storm - Bob Dylan

6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
I don't make pancakes. I'm not a fan, and Ryan isn't crazy about them either.

However, I once tried making Buckwheat pancakes in my early days of cooking? They were frightening. I bet they were 1/2 thick, and the middle was gooey, and the outside was charred black. After that, we just quit having pancakes.

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
Without a doubt, "Cleaning Lady Extraordinaire" of the AmericInn Suites of Grand Forks, ND.

My shift was Saturday and Sunday 8-2. However, it was really 8-6. And my boss? I'm pretty sure she's in a psych ward now. I would be on my hands and knees scrubbing floors, and she would come come check on me with her annoying Alabama accent and accuse me of missing pieces of hair - when CLEARLY there was no hair. She was actually crazy.

I have so many stories I could tell just from the 4 shifts I worked at that job. Wow.
8. What was your favorite class in high school?
I loved Chemistry. I had an incredible science teacher, Mrs. Larson - who put her heart and soul into education. And on top of that, I just love chemistry in general.
9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
I'm going to have to say Margaritas. Or popsicles - banana popsicles. Or roasted marshmallows. However, it's too hot in AZ to roast marshmallows in the summer. But I did get my share on the camping trip this weekend. Yum! No guilt there!

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
Money saving? What's that? :P
 
-Don't work! Then you have no money to spend!
.....Oh, how I can't wait to graduate, get a job, and get this odd thing called a "pay check"....

Comments

Marlys said…
It won't be long now before you get a paycheck! The weeks go so quickly! It was fun reading your post!
I totally forgot about Parent Trap. I also loved that movie. And yes, what happened to the sweet, innocent LiLo?

I love all of your guilty pleasures as well! ;)
Cherry Blossoms said…
I love your money saving tips!lol. Hang in there with school. I know it gets crazy at the end. You will make an amazing nurse!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c