So today my Wellness Wednesday focus in legs! My favorite muscle in the whole body to work out!
Now, obviously running, biking, elipicalling it will tone your legs and burn fat. But, adding some weight/resistance training will really do it! Plus, if you get good muscle in your legs and butt? -- that will burn tons of calories! So here are a few of my favorites. It's my "garage leg burn-out". Meaning...I do all this in our garage.
1. Jump rope 100 jumps (regular jumps - both legs)
2. Skip jump rope x 60 (Right leg first)
3. Skip jump rope x 60 (Left Leg first
***The jump ropes get your calves & heart!
4. Lunges 15 each leg (3 times) - holding weight as tolerated
5. Resistance/stretchy band steps
***Place a stretchy resistance band around your ankles and walk side ways
***15 steps to the Right, 15 steps to the left
6. Squats + Shoulder Press (15 repititions x 3)
***Holding a bar or weights squat butt to the floor (knees directly over ankles)
***When standing back up, lift weights over your head straight up
7. Jump Squats (15 jumps x 3)
***squat butt to floor (ankles under knees), from sqaut - jump striaght up to ceiling explosively
8. Hamstring Curls (15 X 3 each leg)
***Get on hands and knees
***Place weight (about 10-20 lbs) inside knees and hold onto it
***pump foot towards the ceiling
9. Criss-Cross Jump
****Place jump-rope on floor in straight line
***Hope across the "line" left and right forwards and backwards X 5
10. Jump Ropes X 100