This batch of questions was written by Yours Truly!!
1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re spluging?
-I make it a little extra dark, I like 1 packet of Splenda, and a little Fat Free French Vanilla.
-If I'm at a coffee shop, I get Iced coffee with skim milk & splenda.
-If I'm splurging, I like Fat Free Almond Latte. (If it's not Christmas time, then I get into the peppermint or pumpkin flavors!)
2. What is your genre of books to read?
I don't really have a specific genre that I'm stuck on. I'm really falling into the Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics books - whatever genre it is.
3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
I would like to retire in San Diego on Coronado Island in a mansion on the beach. Or Florida on the Gulf side. To be honest, I'll take any gorgeous home on the beach.
4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
I wrote a lot of 10 minute speeches when I was 17, since I was a speech geek. I did a lot of "Entertain" speeches (which talked about a topic in a satirical or humorous manner). Some of my topics were about:
"Being the Youngest In the Family", "The Stupidity of High School Romance", "The Evils of Video Games"
5. What word describes you best?
Some of my thoughts/beliefs may be viewed as "old school". But, it's who I am.
I strive to be the nurse who still gives back rubs and bed-baths, and I make it priority to be the sweet-little-wife who is truly "the nurturer" and cooker/cleaner-extraordinaire.
6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
Our weekend Stay-Cation at Star Pass for our Anniversary.
I'm also (in a crazy, weird, sick manner) looking forward to my Capstone Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday. It's starting to feel real!!! :) I've been practicing tonight!
7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
Totally depends on who I'm talking to. If I know that the person and I will never agree - I avoid it, because what's the point. In other words, if the person in a firey, liberal, feminist - We should probably just stick to topics like "the weather" or "recipes". I'm just being honest.
But if we disagree on a few minor issues - I kind of enjoy it. I like to see other points of views.
8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
-Definitely 4 extra hours.
-When I'm working - I leave the house at 5:50 am, come home at 8:30 pm. I'd like to have a few extra hours to just unwind. I feel like on "work days" - I work and sleep
9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
I'd absolutely name my team the "Blobfishes". How cool is that thing? Colors would be Pink and Yellow. How manly.
10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I would be an English Teacher. I am the "go-to-gal" for proofreading and turning papers red. You would never think that reading my blog. Being I have a running rate of 1 error/sentence. But, when it comes to paper-writing...I love to "make it bleed"
I would also love to implement speeches, debates, and research papers. I love English....
Happy Tuesday. Today I am on clinical #8/10. And 3 weeks to go! I'm almost done!!