Yesterday, I had the most defeating day of clinicals ever. I took 5 patients on my own. But they weren't just your typical patients - they all had like 5 different IV drips going, multiple drains, one of my patients got a leg amputation, one was crazy......
To a veteran nurse - or just a good and competent nurse- that probably seems easy. But I feel like quite the "Novice" still....
Let's just say my 12 hour shift turned into a 14 hour shift, and I wanted to hide in a linen closet and cry yesterday. But, I survived!!!! :-)
I can't wait to get adjusted to things. Every night this week -- all I do is have on-going nightmares about hospitals, IV drips, people bleeding to death. I wake up in the middle of the night and think "I don't even want to sleep anyomre!- These Dreams suck!"
But this is a learning experience, and I will get my "routine" down and on my feet in no time (I hope....)
On the Really-Fantastic-Friday-Side....
- It's the 1st weekend I've had since the 4th of July!
- I had my Capstone Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday - and totally Rocked it! My high school speech-skills came back!
- I'm done with all assignments & have 1 clinical left (2 weeks to go total!)
- I'm getting my hair cut today. (I look scrappy. People might be mistaking me for a homeless girl..)
- I get my wedding ring back today (it was getting resized -- let's just say, it had been falling off A LOT) - So I'm really excited to have a ring that fits me again!
- I'm going "deer scouting" with Ryan tomorrow. Well, I'm not looking for deer - I'm just going out in the mountains helping him find land early early in the morning -- when it's gorgeous out. (Basically I'll be there for moral support to drink coffee and talk his ear off)
- Then we're going to a Wine Vineyard in Sonoita, AZ. (If I behave.....) ;)