I've taking a little break from blogging for the past couple of weeks. My explanation to come at a later date.
But I see that the 10 on Tuesday is on positivity, nostalgia, happy, essential things. So, I decided to join! We can all use a little positive this Tuesday, right?! :-)
1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I never had an item that was crazy neccessary to have with me as a kid. I was a kid! As long as I was semi-entertained, I was happy. I guess if I were to pick something...I'd say -- someone to talk to. When I was a little one, I would talk and talk and talk and talk and tell stories for ever. I feel sorry for any victims of my childhood....;)
2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
My crackberry, unfortunately. I am a slave to this thing. Especially right now! Waiting on important emails, phone calls, etc.....
Also, Hand Sanitizer. I won't go home and get it. That may be border-line OCD. But, I hate when I realize I left home without it! This world is such a germy place...
3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
This is tough to choose one. I would love to say Ocean - but that's not realistic. I only see that like once/year.
So, I will say about 3 miles up Madera Canyon. A heart-pumping, good hike needs to precede this. Then there's this ridge of the mountain that overlooks the city of Tucson. It's heavenly. I got to experience that this past weekend, in fact!
Alos, there's a point within a long run that I get that feeling of peace. The world is light when I'm running.
4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
He always knows how to make me feel better. I could be in the most depressed, sad, melancholy mood -- and he can cheer me up. His drive and motivation with life motivates me too :)
5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
That's a touchy subject right now. But when I do have a job (which will be in a few weeks).....my favorite part about being a nurse is when there's time to get to know my patients and their family. If I can walk away at the end of the day and know I made that person feel a little better -- I've succeeded.
6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
My parent's always taught me to stick to your roots, work hard, be honest, and trust God. I now am confident that if I always stick to those "simple" concepts -- life will be okay! I will definitely try to instill that in my children some day.
7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
"Uncle John's Band" - Grateful Dead (just because the song makes me happy)
"Everything" - Michael Buble (this was our 1st dance at our wedding)
8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
I was born into a country where things do come far easier than it does in other countries. I feel safe in our country and trust the law enforcement. Although there are some corrupt events that occur within our country, it's nothing compared to the unrest in some of the 3rd world countries in our world.
We also lucked out in our "creatures of nature". Yes, there are tarantula's in the desert, plentiful mosquitos in Minnesota, and crocodiles in Florida -- but nothing compares to the crazy creatures you find in the Amazon! Just a random thought for your Tuesday...
9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Macoroni & Ketchup. I always loved that as a kid. I still go to it for comfort when I'm having a rough day/week.
Also, pot roast and apple crisp. My Mom always made it on Saturdays or Sundays during the fall. The smells that they filled the house with was incredible.
10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
-Sometimes I can be funny or at least get one to crack a smile.
-I tend to be pretty low-maintenance/low-drama
-My ability to run into peculiar/chaotic situations in life - which can always make someone else feel better about themselves ;) -- or create entertaining stories to tell when I'm in company.