Skip to main content

Random things Wednesday

Greetings, everyone! Let's be honest, my life is lacking in "depth" right now. Therefore, I have no interesting subjects to blog about. Or funny stories to tell. Or crazy rants to release. However, I will fill you in a few things...


1) My flowers lasted through the entire summer of Tucson, AZ. I feel pretty darn proud of that. The crazy part is....summer isn't over yet. It was 98 today, it's supposed to be 102 tomorrow, and 100 Thursday. GO AWAY SUN! WE DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE!

Sorry for that.

I'm moving to Antactica. Or Oregon. Or Washington -- where it rains every day and the sun never shines.

Not really. We just bought a house in Oro Valley, AZ! (north of Tucson) - and we close January 13! We can't move, silly!;)

2) My husband sure has been traveling a lot for work. I think I need to join him. He's seen the beach twice now in the past 2 weeks. And he's going to see it again in 2 weeks. I'm envious! And it makes me realize how much I enjoy his company!

3) Biggest Loser is back. I love this show. I live vicariously through Jillian Michaels when she's screaming in these poor people's faces. Or sitting on them as they do core-holds. Or when she threatens to break their fingers.

However, my attention span only lasted through 30 minutes of the 2 HOUR LONG SHOW. Who has the care to watch people work out for 2 hours?!?!? A little ridiculous if you ask me...

4) We finally have TV back. We got rid of it when Direct TV pissed us off for the LAST time. But, we broke down after 3 weeks and bought an antennae. I'm quite pleased.

5) I re-entered the world of reading. To be honest, the last time I read for "pleasure" was before college. And it wasn't that pleasureable. But now I am loving it! I have my sister Lisa to thank for all her book reviews and recommendations!

6) I've been playing a lot of piano lately in the evenings. It's coming back to me!

7) It's only September and I'm already feeling the boredom from NFL & College football. And my husband isn't even that much of a sports fanatic. Thank you, God, for not letting him be a total sports guru.

8) I am so ready for October. September, you have not be very kind to me.

Comments

Jess said…
Sounds like you actually have a lot going on!! Congrats on the house purchase, that's pretty exciting. I'm envious of all homeowners and realized the other day that I am totally over apartment living...though I don't foresee that changing for a few more years.

I've never watched Biggest Loser, though I don't know why - because I love reality shows and I love Jillian Michaels. The two combined seems like it would entertain me. I'm with you on the 2-hrs though. Seems a little unnecessarily excessive!

Crazy that it's almost October!! Here's to hoping it's a good month for you.
Lisa's Yarns said…
I stopped watching BL a couple of seasons ago because I got so tired of the 2 hour episodes... It's just too much in my opinion.

I hope you like the books you picked out from the library!!
Amber said…
2 hour episodes? I wouldn't be able to do it. I have trouble getting through 1-hour episodes of my favourite shows! Lol. 30 minutes is the perfect length for me!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...