Skip to main content

Wow

Good news...I think!!

First off...we are both feeling better! No more vomiting. No more "feeling like we're dying". Good times!

NCLEX is behind me. It shut off at 75 questions. I was the 1st person in the room to leave. Kind of an eerie and awkward feeling...to be honest. The test could be 360 questions, or 75. It all depends on how you are doing. It adjusts the questions based on if you're getting them right or wrong.

So I was happily taking my test. And I answered question #75 - and the screen went completely blank.

..........................

I sat in my chair and look around the room. I thought to myself "Can't I get a few more questions??!! Just to make sure I passed?!"

All those hours of studying.

20 months of nursing school.

For 75 questions.

Wow!

To be honest, I'm glad it shut off at 75. If it would've gone to 360, I think I would've opened the window and jumped. Screaming. I was on the 10th floor.

I'm not ready to speak confidently. But.... I think I passed and am an RN. So that is exciting!!!

I am looking forward to a very relaxing evening. Ryan is out of town, so that means I will be cooking a not-so-meaty dinner, maybe pouring a celebratory glass of wine, and watching a chick flick!!! :)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I hope you did pour yourself a glass of wine - you deserved it!

i am not surprised that you were the first person done. I know you were so prepared for this! I am so proud of you and so excited for you! Will be good to have the official results in hand, but I have no doubt that you passed!

Congrats, nurse Abby1
Mama Nastase said…
I agree with Lisa...hope you had that glass of wine! You have worked so hard and were so prepared for this.

Abigail Nastase, RN ~ sounds awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Marlys said…
RN Abby - doesn't that sound great? I'm dying to hear the official results although I'm sure you passed! Wish I could have been there to have a celebratory glass or two of wine with you! I bet you really missed Ryan last night with no one to talk to or a TV to watch! Did you watch a chick flick?

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...