Skip to main content

I'm training for a marathon? What?

I've been training for a marathon since August 9. But, lately it really doesn't feel like it. Being I've been out-of-comission for the past 2 WEEKS.

Half of my mind is stressed out. Freaking out. Worried. How in the hell will I run 26.2 miles on December 12? That is in 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!

However - the "reality Abby" hasn't lost an OUNCE of sleep over this. Seriously! I have too many important things in my life going on -- to be concerned about a silly race!

But, (in all honestly) I was nervous. Today was my 1st REAL run. I did 5 miles.

I ran it while it was like 90 degrees out.

I was livid. With each step, I cussed the state of AZ. I was so freaking over-heated.

At one point, I found a water fountain - and started splashing water on my body like some sort of psychotic, manic, mad-woman.

However, I felt "natural" running - and somehow managed to cut 15 seconds/mile off! Meaning I averaged 8:03 min/mile. Which is quite speedy for me.

And my hip doesn't hurt!!! Hurray! So there's my excitement of the day..

My other RANDOM excitement of the day is "Halloween episode" of The Office. For many years, I thought "The Office" was kind of over-rated. Then suddenly something happened. Something clicked. I am now obsessed. If you don't watch the office? You need to. Any bad day is cured by watching this show. It kills me with laughter. Makes me laugh so hard I cannot breath.

:)

Happy Friday!!! :)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I still can't believe how fast you have gotten! Dang you are speedy! I can't wait to see how the marathon goes for you!

Just think of the last 2 weeks as a mini mid-marathon training taper!

Maybe i should give the office a try again. I used to watch it and then stopped a season ago...
Jess said…
Running in the heat is hard, so I'm even more impressed with your time! The other day, I did my first ever "winter" run, which proved to be quite interesting..and a little scary! Good luck with your training and the marathon!!

The Office was pretty funny last night. I don't know if you have watched the earlier seasons, but you should go back and watch them. I recently re-watched older seasons and I seriously couldn't believe how much it made me laugh.
Amber said…
I find The Office HILARIOUS! Love that show! It definitely took awhile to grow on me, too though.

Great job on your run, that is so speedy! I guess taking 2 weeks off was the right thing to do for your hip!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...