(It was rainy and 80 degrees today - which means EXTREME FALL/WINTER weather in Tucson. Watch out! Therefore, I had to make a soup from scratch. I also whipped up a home-made loaf of bread)
When I realized, "I need to gather some supplies to send a care package off to my sister, Lisa, for her marathon coming up".
When i realized she leaves in like 2 DAYS for the destination of her marathon! (Portland, Oregon next Sunday -- woo hoo!!)
I live in Tucson, AZ.
Which would mean it would take more than 1.5-2 days for my "care package" to get to her on time.
So, Lisa -- I am sorry for my lack of schedule and consideration. But the thought was really there!!!
4years ago when she ran the Twin Cities Marathon -- I was a freshman in college. I boxed up so "Gu-Packs", new socks, a card, and "sports beans (which are claimed to have electrolytes in them) -- and sent them to Minneapolis.
But this race snuck up on me.
So, here is my ode to her! (I know it doesn't replace a package-o-love...but...)
- Although sometimes Lisa may be a "Type A person, and sometimes isn't the MOST patient person in the world. I give her a lot of credit of patience for.... Growing up (as her little sister/biggest fan) -- I followed her EVERYWHERE.
- EVERYWHERE!!!And I never stopped talking her poor ears off....
- Lisa inspires me.
- She trained for her 1st marathon, while working full time, while going to grad school, while maintaining a normal life.
- She is one of the most motivated, driven women I know. This lady lets nothing get in her way!
- As we've grown a little bit older, and have moved away from each other -- we have grown very close.
- Although it stinks we only are able to physically see each other a few times/year -- I have blackberry messenger to thank that keeps us "hooked in" nearly every day of the week!
- Lisa is a very determined marathon runner. I know she is going to do incredible in her marathon on Sunday! Every stride she takes of the full 26.2 miles will be with the utmost determination and drive!
- Wishing I could be at the finish line with a red Gatorade and a hug! Love you!!!!