It's Monday night/Tuesday morning-ish (past midnight) I'm home from my 1st shift! It went really really well! Somehow.... But I'm completely and utterly wired and cannot sleep. I don't know how this is possible.
However, for the past 9 hours I did sit down once. And didn't eat dinner until 11:15 pm. So that could contribute to my current state of insomnia?!
It's work-out-week for 10 on Tuesday!! Yay! :)
1. What does your work out schedule look like?
It changes every week, but I do 4 runs/week. Here is this weeks schedule :)
Monday - 5 mile tempo run (avg pace 8:15/mile) - Strength: Quadiceps, shoulders, abs, lungs
Tuesday - 6 mile hills on tredmill - Strenghth: abs and stretching
Wednesday - Cross train - bike 40 minutes, swim 20 Strength: abs, squats, back,
Thursday - 19 miles
Friday - off day - go for walk
Satruday - 8 miles + plylometics
Saturday - off day (go for walk, stretch)
2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
I prefer free weights. But I love the assisted-squat bar. I use it for squats, I change it's position to do variations of push ups, and do these lying-down-pull ups.
3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
- I don't really do classes anymore. But I love kickboxing and would love to be an instructor some day!
4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
Target! None other :)
5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
I love running. Obviously. But my favorite way to incorporate strength is finding a football/soccer field and doing different plylometrics, jump-roping in the garage!
6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
Billy Blanks Tae Bo!!
7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
Definitely. I never was consistent about being active in high school.
8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
Completely different WORLDS. In high school everything I did was to be thin. Now, I do it to keep a healthy heart, strong bones, and good lungs. And it's fun!!!
My legs & shoulders are no longer "feminine-cute-toned" -- they're strong. (No, I don't look like a body-budiler...but...)
In high school/college, I would've had a heart attack over this. Now, it makes me proud and feel strong! :)
9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)?
I just think, plan/schedule out my day, and plan out my life. I also like to say prayers for family when I'm doing long rungs.
10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
Well, 2010 I'm running my 2nd marathon. But my 2011 I would like to do a triathalon!