Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday!

1. What’s your favorite color to paint your nails?
-Clear. I. Hate. Having. Color. On. My. Nails. I have tried. And I peel it off in irritation. Why? I do not know. I love color. It's a beautiful thing. But not on my nails.


2. Do you like to sneeze?
-Not particularly. It kind of hurts. I don't have the cute, dainty sneezes some women have. My sneezes are the one's that make one say "Gazuntite!!!!!" (Or however you spell that). But really, people probably want to respond saying, "Holy SHIT!"
3. How often do you fill up your car with gas?
Ha! This is a hot item of discussion in my household currently. Prior to moving....I filled my car up with gas weekly.
 Now that we have moved....I fill it up monthly. Yes - do that math...big money saver! I WAS paying $200/month...now I pay about $50/month. I'm a happy chica.
4. Were you named after anyone?
I don't believe so. In fact, I don't know where my name came from. I like it though! Thank you, Mom & Dad, for giving me a nice name. I'm going to assume my parents just like that name??
5. Have you made any good recipes lately?
Yes! I made butternut squash risotto last night for my sister Lisa!

I also made a Red Wine Mushroom Vension roast last week. Some people may cringe at the sound of "venison" -- but I promise it tastsed like beef, and was delicious. (My hubby is a hunter...)

6. What’s an easy money-saving tip that you use regularly?
Don't eat out so much! Lunch boxes, packing snacks, packing lunches are incredible. Think about it -- an entire LOAF of bread costs $3, a package of deli meat = $5-6, a BAG of spinach = $2.......You can make like 10 sandwiches with this! .....ONE sandwich at a sub-shop = $5, 6, 7, 8?!

Make a tally on your fridge how much you're spending on groceries, entertainment, clothes, Starbucks....whatever it is your struggling with! Every time you buy something in that category, write it down.

I did this with groceries...and pretty soon, when I thought I needed to pick something up for a recipe I "needed" to make -- I would say, "Do I really want to have to write down another value on the fridge?!

Might be weird..but it worked for me!

7. Would you rather have a sore throat or an ear ache?
That's tough. I'm going to say sore throat. Although this is miserable -- Chloraseptic + Tylenol works well.

8. Do you have any scars? What are they from?
I have large scars on my knees from falling while running a few years ago.......Long story.

I have several scars on my ankles from careless shaving. There are more to come. I am quick & careless.

I have multiple scars on my fingers/knuckles from careless accidents in the kitchen...

I have a slice-of-a-scar on my shoulder from a conditioner bottle. When I was younger, it was "cool" to wash your hair in the lake --- we were playing "football" with the conditioner bottle...and the bottle knicked my shoulder and opened it up.

9. What are you “known for” in your circle of friends/family?
Hm...maybe being a clean freak. Being kind of loud. Being a band geek in high school.
10. How do you like to eat your pancakes?
Not at all. Hah. I'm not really a pancake fan. If I'm a guest in someone's home..I will stuff them down in pain to be polite. I do this with most breakfast food. Unless it's cereal or yogurt. Or wheat toast.

The only way I stomach them is just plain. I know. I'm weird.

Comments

Unknown said…
Not a fan of pancakes, either. If I do eat one, it is plain, maybe a little peanut butter. Good idea about writing down the grocery costs!
Marlys said…
Grandpa Dotzenrod would be so sad as he was the "King of Pancakes"! Your Dad could live without them as when I give him the option of pancakes or some egg dish for breakfast, he always chooses the eggs! I see that both you and Lisa don't like to paint your nails - neither do I! I cannot understand how some people keep their nails so beautiful! They must not do housework! :)!!!
Marlys said…
And you're right about the name - we both liked it so that's what you ended up with! I always thought we'd call you Abby Lea, but we never did pick that up! You're probably glad, right?
Lisa's Yarns said…
It's awesome that you only have to fill up once/month now! Huge savings!

And packing lunches really does save money and it's so much healthier!

Ah, the conditioner bottle story. Brian felt SO BAD!!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...