Just kidding - but I didn't take much for pictures, as I never do. But she did! So when we get pictures of the weekend downloaded -- one of us will do a more detailed recap!
But what I will say is that it was a fantastic time!
She had a little dilemma of flights getting here -- and it was a VERY VERY close call. Minneapolis winter weather ALMOST held her from getting here Friday night. But, luckily the plane in Denver literally held to wait for her and other flights that were late due to weather.
We started out the weekend going up to Phoenix to meet up with her friend Heidi -- and got to meet her new daughter (who was born in December). And let me tell you, this little girl is the most precious and delicate baby!! I haven't seen a newborn in a VERY LONG TIME. I forgot how little babies are! We went out for a great lunch!
The weather was perfect all weekend. In the mid-70's. Can't beat that!
The rest of the weekend was filled with the following:
- A champagne toast to Lisa being here
- Dinner at a great sushi restaraunt
- A very challenging, but gorgeous hike. May I re-state...very challenging. It was 2 miles uphill rocky incline. But, at the end you reach a canyon that is just breath-taking....so it's worth the hike/hardwork!
- Shimp cocktail, wine, great conversation
- Watching the Golden Globes together
- Cooking great food
- Introducing Lisa to Orange Leaf -- the most incredible invention ever (Frozen Yogurt shop where you can put any topping known to man on top of this plethora of goodness.. Yum. It's a little defeating when they have to weigh your creation at the end. "I just ate HOW many oz's of frozen yogurt? That scale has to be wrong...")
Not only did I drop my dear sister Lisa off at the airport today, but my husband also left today for a week long business trip. So, I'm a lone duck for the week. Which will be okay -- being I am scheduled to work 50 hours this week. There is no complaining goin on here -- I purposely signed myself up for an extra shift to bring in a little extra $$.
Christmas season + moving + Starting to pay off Student loans = Not a lot of saving going on....
Hope you are all off to a great start to the week -- and if you get MLK day off...are enjoying your time off!