Skip to main content
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?

-Spending entire days out in the lake swimming and tubing behind the boat.... And  then roasting marshmallows over the campfire after a day of sun.
-Trombone & piano lessons. I miss everything about them
2. What is your favorite quality about yourself?
-My motivation and energy

3. What is your favorite thing that your child does?
-I do not have a child. But I am an aunt  - and I will say my FAVORITE thing ever is.......
- When they greet me with a hug and know my name.
-Sounds rather simple. But living across the country from them for .... pretty much all their lives -- I always worry they don't have a clue who I am. So when they do know my name, and aren't scared of me (like most children are....b/c I'm not the best with kids)...... it seriously warms my heart!

4. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
Baking and cooking.

Whenever I try relaxing, I find myself saying "This.Is. So. Boring".

In order to truly relax, I must leave the house -- go to a mountain, park, or quaint coffee shop with my Kindle and read.

Otherwise I am tempted by laundry, cleaning, and getting things done.
5. What is your favorite restaurant? And what is your favorite thing on the menu?
Sushi!!I don't know what my favorite sushi restaraunt is at this time......I'm between sushi restaurants right now.

There was this one place we went to in the Gaslamp District in San Diego that had amazing oyester shooters. I can't remember the name though, so that is an irrevalent answer. But that place was great, too!

6. What is your favorite piece of jewelry (besides your wedding ring)?
I rarely wear jewelry (besides my wedding ring). Except for this necklace and earings I got for our 1st anniversary. They are the "Loves Embrace" series for Kay. They are simple, sterling silver, and just perfect.


7. What is your favorite night of the week M-TH? And why?
I don't really have one. Being my work schedule is completely random. So right now, my favorite night is the night I don't have to go into work! :) I just enjoy being able to see my husband, eat dinner with him, and sleep in a bed at night.

8. What is your favorite dessert?
Key Lime Pie or frozen yogurt
My Mom's Chocolate Pie

9. What is your favorite item in your make-up bag?
My blush/bronzer..... because it covers colors my pale, sickly-looking face

10. What is your favorite smell?
My husband's cologne, aftershave, soap.
Cinnamon
Chrlorox Clean-Up
Campfire -- but only if it's freshly crackling/burning


Happy Tuesday! February is one of my favorite months!

Comments

Jess said…
Hard to believe it's already February! I seriously have no idea where January went!!

I love sushi..could seriously eat it everyday!
Marlys said…
Pale, sickly face? Hardly! You look bronzed compared to us Northerners! And I disagree with #3 because I've seen you play with your nephews a lot and they love you! All you have to do is make them laugh and they'll love you forever! I'm surprised about the piano & trombone lessons but I loved them, too, because we had a lot of mother/daughter time driving back and forth to them!
Lisa's Yarns said…
Um, I am with mom - you are not pale! Us midwesterners are pale! You have a nice, healthy glow from all that sunshine!!

I love that time at the lake are our fave childhood memories!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...