Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Few Things

First of all, I caved. I watched the Superbowl. I never watched this before I met my husband. But, every year -- we end up going to a party and having a fun time. So it works out well. I whipped up a super-American-football-ish dip in record time. For I found out about the party 10 minutes before leaving the house!

He forgot to mention it to me. It happens :) Good thing I'm flexible

I know everyone hated the half-time show. But I think this was much better than Bruce Springsteen & The Who the previous years. Yes, I like The Who...but not for Superbowl. I like "The Who" on my i-pod. I'd rather see Janet Jackson's boob than watch The Who (who are clearly past their prime....). I will also be honest & say I like the Black Eyed Peas. A lot. Especially Fergie. If i look like her at 36, I will be a happy woman.

I started a boxing class today - it went surprisingly well. I miss boxing - and hope to attend this more. It brings out the ALMOST non-existent tough girl in me. That hour goes super fast. 

I. Am. So. Ready. For. A. New. Week. Yesterday, I was hanging my head low saying "Can I just have a do-over of last week?" -- when I decided to just kick last week out the door and start over! New Week! New days! Good times!

I hope EVERYONE has a fantastic week!

PS -- I would like to make a big, loving, happy shout-out to my sister Lisa! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear sister! Hope your day was wonderful. You deserve it!

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Thanks for the bday shout out! I did have a great day! It was nice to sleep in a bit and have a quiet day at home.

I actually enjoyed the 1/2 time show as well, except not the parts w/ Fergie - I actually can not stand her! But any part where she wasn't singing, I enjoyed. :)

And I don't think i know a single song by the Who!

Jess said...

The 1/2 time show was entertaining, I thought. The one part that did sort of annoy me is when Fergie was singing with Slash..and I just didn't think she sounded good and I couldn't understand why she was rubbing herself all over him. Other than that, not bad..

Hope you have a great week!

Marlys said...

I watched the half-time show with your Dad and we both kind of looked at each other and sighed! It's not our kind of music but it was better than some I've seen! I remember when Michael Jackson used to perform and spent more time rubbing his private parts than singing! What has happened to our world! I thought they should do some super patriotic performance, but I'm from the old school. Music should sound like "music" if you ask me!