Happy Tuesday, everyone! So wanna know how my Tuesday "started out" (I guess...however, after this morning event, I went to bed and slept for 4 hours and then restarted my day now!)
So there I was driving home from work this morning....I had my windows down to get some fresh air, was admiring the fog over the mountains and the beautiful morning.
....and the NEXT thing I know....
I look up and my car is veering off the road into a cactus!
WAKE UP!!!!!! I swerved back onto the road quite quickly and snapped to it! I apparently had a "narcolepsy-like" moment there, where I just completely shut out and started veering off the road. Luckily, it was on a back road close to my house. --Not a major street where I most likely would've ended up in an accident!
Scarrrrry! I need to switch to day shift like...yesterday ;)
Ten on Tuesday:
1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Mustard. Mustard is mandatory for it put it on nearly everything....
Ketchup is also important.
Balsalmic vinegar...if that's a condiment? I love it on salads, vegetables, and even my sandwiches/wraps
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
In a restaraunt I would order my steak medium rare. At home - when I trust the cut of meat and freshness...I like it seared and almost rare. I know...some of you are grossed out.
I like my done - b/c I usually eat turkey burgers. If it's beef...medium.
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Plain! Or sliced, and meaty, on top of a salad! Mmm
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Chicken or steak sliced up and grilled and placed on a bed of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc - delicoius salad!
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Strawberries. I would say I've been eating a lot of apples lately....but I always eat a lot of apples ;)
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
I don't do "weekend breakfasts" I don't like wasting calories on breakfast food. (I'm not crazy about the taste...) So I just like oatmeal.
But I do make my husband breakfast burritos on the weekend.
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
Shrimp. - Brush some olive oil, lime, cayenne, garlic, S & P - place on skewers...yum.
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
Paseo. It's a new one I've started trying. It has a bicycle on the front. It's got a good bold flavor for cheap wine!
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
-1 1/2 oz white rum
-1/2 lime squeezed
-crushed mint leaves
10. How do you like your eggs?
Not at all.
Okay, if I'm going to eat an egg....it has to be hard boiled. Random, I know. It's odd, too, because deviled eggs make me gag.