Yep. It was!
Since I worked Tuesday night, I did have to sleep until about noon Wednesday-- and when I woke up....I put on my garden-gear and got STRAIGHT to planting for flowers, picking weeds, etc.
Here are a few "moments" from the weekend (pictures will be coming....tomorrow? Tuesday? Wednesday?)
- Getting time to go to spin-class with Ryan- this is the only "exercise class" I can tolerate that doesn't irritate me. I don't get bored. And people don't get in the way. I also like my boxing class - because it involves a punching bag.
- Searing the most tender, perfect, amazing venison loins on the grill. They were marinated over-night in Red Wine. Served with fresh green-beans. Mmm
- Doing more gardening - planting Primroses & petunias.
- Celebrating St. Patrick's Day at an Irish pub near our house with some good friends. I love me some green beer!
- Doing a 10 mile hike, and being rewarded 4 miles in with giant pools of water! My crazy husband even cliff dived! I just waded in the cold water....
- On a side note...I think we got mini-heat stroke. 6 hours hiking/running in 86-degree heat, and hot AZ sun. Yikes!
- Spending Friday & Saturday morning sitting in our backyard sipping coffee....ahhhh
- Saturday morning Ryan studied -- while I cleaned out and went to the gym. While @ the gym...I witnessed a 70-something woman do an entire dance routine.....on the stair master. It kind of made my day. She could've been a You-Tube Sensation
- Saturday afternoon was spent smoking ribs & sipping mojitos. I also made a Cranberry Vinagrette salad & baked beans
- Saturday evening Ryan's family came over for dinner. It was the 1st time we've ever made our ribs for other people...so this made for some nerves! But....they turned out just perfect.
AND....This is my last week of night shift!