Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday

This week's 10-on-Tuesday is about "dating". My "dating" history differs from some, for my I met my husband when I was 19 years old. So that was the last time I went on a "first date"! But, here it goes!

1. What is your ideal best date?

It completely depends on my mood! Since we don't go out a lot, thought, I would have to say going out to our favorite sushi restaraunt - and finishing off the evening by taking a nice walk.

However, there are days where my ideals date consists of going for a long-afternoon-hike, coming home, grilling out in the back yard with a cold beer, and starting a fire. (and roasting marshmallows is a must)
2. How long does it take you to get ready to go on a date?
Well from shower to out the door -- probably an hour. If clothes didn't matter, it'd be 30. But I usually spend an excessively, unnatural amount of time trying on numerous outfits.
3. What would you wear on the date?
Depends on where we are going -- right now I'd say a sundress.

4. If you are married, how often do you go on dates?
Probably once every 2 weeks? It kind of depends.
5. What was your worst date?
One time Ryan & I went on a "golfing date"....(this was before we were married) And he was trying to nicely instruct me and offer advice on how I could better hit the hall and make it go further than 5 feet in front of me (I was struggling)

Stubborn-Abby didn't like being told how to hit the ball.

To make a Long story short.....my unneccessary stubborn-attitude ended up with us parking the golf cart after 8 holes (instead of 18). We decided to hit up the range before I go on the course again.

I have since improved ;)

6. Do you/Did you kiss on your first date?
I did kiss my husband on my 1st date. He was even polite enough to ask :)

7. If married, how long before you knew he/she was the one? If single, how long before you know if the person is marriage material?

It was definitely when we moved to Tucson that I knew for sure he was the one. I had left all my family and friends, moved across the country to this practically unknown-- and I was still happy to be with him!

Also, I knew things would work since we survived 4 days in a U-Haul truck, without one argument.

8. Do you prefer day dates or night dates?
Night dates. Unless we're at the beach. But, there's not beaches in Tucson....
9. How old were you when you first were allowed to date?
Probably 16?
10. What is the most embarassing moment you have had on a date?
I was at a restaurant, and I chose this sauce for my stir-fry (or whatever it was) that I was advised "That pepper sauce is extremely spicy"
 
However, I'm stubborn...so used it anyways.
 
It was so freaking hot, that I almost couldn't breath. My nose started running profusely, I had to leave the table and go blow my nose. I was absolutely miserable. And looked like a complete fool.

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Ha, love the pepper sauce story. I can see myself doing that. :)

Yep, if you spent 4 days in a uhaul, driving across the country, and didn't get into any fights, that was def a great litmus test for the relationship. :)

I knew he was the one that weekend when we were at the cabin in January. I just saw something special between you two.
Marlys said…
The pepper story is too funny! I remember my first date with your dad! We were at a school dance and I was having a glass of 7-up at the concession stand and it somehow backed up my throat and squirted out my nose! I wanted to die! How did he ever stay with me?
Gahh!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...