- 35 mph winds blowing while setting up our tent -- which nearly turned the tent into a parasail and sent me clear south to Mexico! (and requiring some serious team-work & cooperation between Ryan & I. Can I say marital test?! ;) )
- Seriously having to cuddle up for body heat in our sleeping bags through very chilly, desert nights!
- Excellent meals cooked on the fire
- My husband becoming very warrior-like and slaying a snake with a stick & a rock...
- Visiting the wineries on our trip down!
So...here is 10 on Tuesday...which clearly takes less effort from my blogging-energy:
1. What is the weather like in your city today?
It was actually a "cooler" day for May. 16 degrees F below average. It was windy, 80 degrees, and sunny!
2. Do you like the zoo?
Kind of, yes. Sometimes it gets smelly, though. And I don't enjoy that. I seem to be the most drawn to monkees, aquarium-life, and flamingoes.
3. Do you eat coconut?
Yes. We have a tradition of cracking one open on our anniversary. Well, I dont know how much of a "tradition" it is...being we've only had one Anniversary. But we decided last year to make it our tradition! I love fresh coconut. Hate the shredded crap from the bag.
4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
Yes, many. I would have to say I've attained some skill at it.
5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Battle Lake, MN -- my parents have a lake cabin on it and I pretty much call that my "home". It's the best!
For Ryan & I -- I would say our "vacation destination" would be White Mountains in AZ, since we've decided to make this at least an annual trip. It is just an amazing escape from reality to enjoy the great outdoors!
6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
3! 2 go behind my head, and one goes under my knees (or between my knees if I'm lying on my side) to keep my back healthy!
7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Wash my face, put in contacts, brush my teeth while making coffee (quite the multitasker)
Unless it's a morning where I work out at 4:30 am before work...then I just jump out of bed in a mad rush, put on my clothes & contacts, and head out the door!
8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
If I had kids, absolutely. Summer camp holds my best childhood memories. For me, it was band camp -- since music was my focus. I also went to basketball camp & this math/science camp.
9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
Typically I will put fat-free sour cream, chives, salt, & pepper.
Sometimes when I'm really wanting comfort food-- I go for mustard, S & P. Yes, I know. Very odd..
10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Yes! For 2 weeks every summer...and it was the thing I looked forward to all year. I love/loved swimming.