Skip to main content

Hello. Goodbye. Ten on Tuesday

Hello! I has been awhile since I've graced you with my blogging presence.

72 hour work week makes me seriously crazy.
I'm ready for a vacation.

And we leave tomorrow!! Hurray!

So....therefore, Goodbye for a few days. We're off to Minnesota for 6 days to be at the lakes with my family! It is currently 110 degrees F in Tucson today. And most of this state is seriously burning to the ground because of wild fires. I am beyond ready for an escape.

But...before I go...Here's my 10 on Tuesday!!!!

1. What’s the perfect meal?

Oyester shooters, Blue Moon beer (newly tapped), Ahi tuna with wasabi (lots of it too...I'm freaky about how much wasabi I can eat), and grilled peppers. Yes, I realize this doesn't all "mend" together. But yum!!

For desert I would like dark chocolate gelato with a cup of espresso.
2. What are the perfect pair of shoes?
Mizuno Wave Runners. I would like them in green.

I also love my pastel pink, ballet-flat gardening crocs! They are perfect to slip on, and I don't have to worry about them getting dirty because I spray them off!


(aren't they cute?!?!)

3. What is the perfect afternoon?
I'm going to give 2 scenarios of perfect afternoons:

1) At the lakes, beautiful weather, starting day out with a nice 5 mile run, time out on the dock reading with my sister, a lazy ride on the pontoon, maybe a little wakeboarding, margaritas, my Moms cooking, my brother's barbeque, and a fire.

2) Day at the beach with Ryan-- start morning off with a run, then all you have to worry about is staying hydrated and finding a good restaraunt for seafood that evening. The whole day is spent lounging, wading, & finding seashells
4. What’s the perfect house?

A house with a massive amount of property so we can have a pool, wet bar, and a garden.

A big open "greatroom" (where the kitchen & living room are one) - lots of windows & natural light. Granite counter tops, wood floors, not an inch of carpet in the whole house.

5. What is the perfect outfit?
Depends. I like jeans and a nice sweater. Or a light, springy, summer sundress.
6. What’s the perfect wedding song?
I love traditional classical music. I wouldn't change a thing about the music I had at our wedding! Loved it!
7. What is the perfect job?
Right now, I'm at the point where my perfect job would be perfect hours. And right now "perfect hours" consists of NO WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS. How I loathe working weekends & holidays.

Good coworkers is very important. Especially if you work in a career that requires having to work with others.
8. What’s the perfect hairstyle?

One where you get out of the shower, and it's done!

I don't have one of those. Unless I let my hair be wavy and childish looking.

9. What’s the perfect music festival?
Regina Spektor, Adelle, Michael Buble, why not throw in a little Neil Diamond, & Dave Matthews Band.

Yep...that's kind of a random crew!
10. What’s the perfect day to yourself?
A good run, time @ the gym weight training, a cup of coffee, a clean house, working outside in the garden/yard, a grocery trip to a nearly empty grocery store :D, and then it starts raining at about 5:30 pm so I can cook dinner and curl up to read a book with a glass of vino.

Comments

Amber said…
Have a wonderful visit with your family!!!! I am going home to see my family next week and I cannot wait!

Oh, and I usually strongly dislike crocs but those ones are CUTE. I also like the fact that you can spray them off if they're dirty! Lol
Lisa's Yarns said…
I am boycotting ten on tuesday, possibly forever, beuase I got uber pissed off last week when multiple people commented on the host's blog saying that my pronounciation of aunt is 'snooty'. Stupid thing for me to get pissed off about, but oh well! It just annoyed me!

end rant.

This was a fun list,though!

Can't wait to se you on Friday morning!!!!!!
Cherry Blossoms said…
Have a safe trip back and enjoy spoiling your new nephew. We are heading home on the 29-9th.
PS: Love the gardening shoes.
Marlys said…
I love crocs because you can clean them so easily, and they are the most comfortable show to wear! Soft yet firm arch support! I love your perfect day scenarios - hope you get some this weekend! :D!!!
Unknown said…
Hello from your aunt (not ant). Shout out to you, Lisa!
Love the crocs. How cute is that! Much nicer than the alligator feet shoes I wear to garden.

Have a fun trip!!!! You will get a nice break from the heat up here in cool, rainy Minnesota!!!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...