Monday, June 13, 2011

Taking a little time

Lately, I've been a little "tense". I'm not sure why, it's just been my mood. The whole "Gluten Free" change isn't really working. Yes, I have noticed my legs aren't covered in rashes -- but my stomach continues to be super angry. I'm tired of being afraid to eat.

So I have today & tomorrow off - after that I pretty much work every single day until our vacation to Minnesota. So I'm taking advantage of the "chill"!

My day consisted of:
  • Going for a 6 mile run. It was really hot, like miserably hot -- but it still felt amazing to run instead of be at the gym for once!
  • Going to the gym, not to work out -- but to sit in the steam room after my run. It feels incredible to this girl trapped in this dry desert climate!!
  • Taking a trip to TJ Max, and buying some fun things to decorate our new office. (I love that store....by the way)
  • Brewing myself some iced tea with lemon & mint, and enjoying it while setting up the office
  • Cleaning house (yes, I realize this doesn't go along with the whole "relaxation mojo" -- but it needed cleaning)
  • Setting up...yet another...doctor's appointment for tomorrow to figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I hate this -- I feel like one of those "frequent flyers" with my Doctor's office lately, but I don't care anymore!
  • Buying ingredients to make a Broccoli & Beef Stir Fry. Recipe to come later!

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Good luck at the doctor's! I hope they get to the bottom of your stomach issues... Keep me posted!

I guess the good thing about working so much between now & your vacation is that the time will probably fly by! That's a lot of shifts, though! Eeks! I guess the OT money will be nice. :)

Marlys said...

I, too, hope you get to the bottom of your stomach issues! Maybe you have to go totally gluten free like your cousin, Suzanne? There has to be a solution somewhere out there!
I think it would be good to talk to a nutritionist to see what they suggest, too! Just ideas, you know! And there's something about a clean house that makes one feel relaxed! After I clean, I like to sit down and just feel happy! I'm sure you are going to love your office! Send more pictures!

Jen said...

TJMaxx... you and me both girl!! I rarely walk out of that store empty handed! Enjoy you time off and have yourself some fun!!

B and B said...

Poor Abby. I do hope you find some answers. Unfortunately, with the digestive system, it is usually a slow healing process. I know what you mean about the steam room. In the middle of the winter, we like to go to the arboretum and breathe in the moist air. That's one of the great things about Florida in the winter!
And, I also love TJMaxx! My women's investment club even bought some of the company's stock!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your time off.