I just had to join in on the fun this week, since my sister wrote this round of questions!
1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
Aunt. Rhyming with haunt. I know that people's pronounciation of the word is typically based of tradition, but I find it cute...because if you actually read the word....the "u" would make it so it rhymes with.....
I'm ranting and rambling. (Not raunting and raumbling, either) ;)
2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
The people in my family know that I blog. But other than that, no, I don't tell people that I blog.
So if it weren't for my family, I would probably be an anonymous blogger.
3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
I use plastic, because it's easier to carry. Paper is great and happy for the environment, but plastic is easier. Plus, I reuse my plastic bags for a variety of things.
And I like to bag my groceries. In fact, I rarely even go to a "checkout clerk". I prefer the "self-check out". The small talk in a grocery line makes me crazy..."Beans, tortillas, and salsa..hmmm I bet someone's making mexican food tonight.".
4. Do you have a green thumb?
I would like to say I'm opening up to the thought that I do. However, I'm still not confident. My tomatoes & yellow sqaush are sprouting like madness despite the >100 degree temps we've been getting. Nothing has died except for my snap dragons (that I forgot to put a sprinkler on for 1 week).
I would say at this point, I'm a pastel-green thumb....working her way up to a vibrant green.
5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
I love Bobby Flay, because his choices of recipes are cool. I also like watching Guy Feiri. He's entertaining
6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
I like the idea of taking a bath. But I find it to be a waste of water due to my inability to sit still and relax. I get in the bath, and within 2 minutes I find myself saying "This is really boring....." Maybe we need jets or something?
7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
They are white in this house, since we're renting. If we owned this home, I would do a tan.
8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
Definitely outdoors. It's relaxing, refreshing, and fun.
9. Describe your ideal weather.
From 5 am-10am the temperature would be a nice 55 degrees (for running), then from 10-12pm it would be in the 70's. From 12-5 it would be 82 degrees. Then it will gradually cool back down to 55. One day/week it would just steadily rain all day.
You said "ideal"...not realistic ;)
10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
I have to say Spanish. Living in Arizona, where sometimes I feel like more people speak Spanish than English.
I will learn spanish, hopefully with in the next year (it's a little goal of mine). At least once/week I have a patient who does not speak English, and it makes life very challenging. Using the "translator phone" is a great service, but its still not personal.
Second to spanish, I want speak French. I took 1 semester in college, and loved the language.