Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wine & Love v2

I'm joining in the on fun again! The things that drive me reach for a glass of wine, and the things that I love in life right now...................

Wine
  • The heat. But really, I'm reaching for a cool, refreshing vodka tonic. It's >100 degrees F every day. I don't have to deal with it much, since I'm gone all day. However, we come home from work at 8:30 pm and find ourselves outside watering our drying-out grass and garden.
  • On Tuesday, I had a patient that referred to me by only these 3 "names": "Little Nursey", "Little Girl", and he also called me a "F***ing B****" when I was placing an NG tube in him. Now, I would probably say a curse word during that procedure. But, I really don't appreciate that. My name is on the whiteboard in his room. And I continued throughout the day to correct him saying, "My name is Abby."
  • Too. Much. Emotion. I just don't have the energy to deal with over-the-top-emotions. Life will go on.
Love
  • Weight training. I think this is becoming my new "niche". The other day in a body pump class, I was bicep-curling with more weight than a male classmate. It gave me a tish of a confidence boost ;)
  • My new FJ cruiser. Well, it's "ours", technically. But I'm the one who drives it since I have a shorter work commute. It's fits me - fun, sporty, & and it makes me feel powerful because it's very tall (which I am not)


  • The fact that we are Minnesota bound in like 2 weeks! Sooo ready for some lake time, some family time, and to meet my beautiful nephew Charlie for the 1st time!
  • My excitement to hop on the wakeboard when we arrive at the lakes. MARK MY WORDS - I don't care how cold it is outside...I'm wakeboarding.

5 comments:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Like the new ride and enjoy your time in MN. We are heading home the 29-9th to see all of our friends and family as well. Can't wait.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!

I do not think I could drive that car! I think my Honda is too much car for me, so I would be scary behind the wheel of an SUV. ;) I am glad you like the new car, though!

After one day of 100+ temps, I can see why you hate the heat so much!

qwerkyqook said...

haha. I'm glad NG tube placement is done by you. I tried it once on a plastic dummy and the tube went out his eye. ooops. New summer drink recipe from a friend of mine is malibu, soda and a splash of lime. yum! I'm so glad you get to come home! Let us know if your have any free time in mpls :)

Marlys said...

The wake board is waiting for you and he's so lonely! We also got a new set of skis as the old set got left in the bottom of the boat, in water, and broke in half! I so hope the water warms up some so you can enjoy it! We do see people skiing, wakeboarding and jet skiing, so I assume it is possible! Some are wearing wet suits which would be dandy! Can't wait to see you both!
Ahem, have a good day, Little Nursey!

B and B said...

I had a principal call me "little girl" at a meeting. Obviously, it did not sit well with me. Can you imagine, in a professional setting being addressed by a "boss" as "little girl"? He thought he was being funny. Colleagues who were at that meeting still remind me of that moment from time to time and we all get a good laugh out of it. I did not laugh that day.

Stay cool!