I used to love shopping. I could've done it for an entire day.
Yesterday, it was overwhelming & almost stressful. For the following reasons:
- I am so out-of-touch with the "fashion world". I don't even know what is "hip" or "in" these days. My time is most spent with a 24 year old male (my husband). When I'm not with him, my time is spent with predominantly geriatric clients on a cardiac floor.
- I wear "Galaxy Blue" scrubs to work every day.
- My method of "spicing" up my outfit is to wear fun styles of socks with my scrubs. (My favorite is my orange argyle plaid socks)
- Malls are irritating. Period. That's a blog in itself.
- My favorite outfit to wear is running shorts and a race-back tank paired with a nice pair of Mizunos.
- While some people refer to media such as magazines to keep "up on the times" with fashion. Martha Stuart Living does not provide me with a knowledge on "What Not to Wear". However....it did give great instructions on how to "create a potted forest" or "How to cut up a watermelon so it doesn't wobble"
And yesterday it dawned on me....
Maybe it's not the clothes that are lame. Maybe it's ME that's lame.
So I left the Mall yesterday feeling rather irritated. Returned home. And decided house-shopping (which we've been doing frequently lately) is far more fulfilling than clothes shopping. You don't have to worry about the granite counter tops making your ass look big. It's a simple like or dislike.