Skip to main content

Thank You Notes

 Thank you....

Monsoon. Monsoon means "seasonal reversing winds accompanied by corresponding rainfall".

In other words, it means "heavy winds and raining buckets on southern Arizona". I. Love. It!!

My garden is finally getting the nutrients it deserves.

Thank you....

Cliffbars. Especially the mint chocolate flavored ones.

Thank you.....

Husband. You're my favorite person to spend time with always. I consider myself pretty lucky to be married to someone I enjoy so much!

Thank you........


Sunday. If I didn't have you off, I would probably have seriously freaked out! 50 hour work week got the best of me. My sleeps have been highly consumed by nightmares.

Thank you.....

Mom & Dad. For being amazing role models in my life. I hope you both realize how much I adore you.

Thank you......

Kindle. You've rekindled my love for reading again! I quit reading while I was in school, because I was reading text books. Then I continued to not read because I don't like buying books or carrying books around with me.

Thank you....

Gold's Gym. For being open at 4am, so I can hit you up in the morning before I work. You give me my release & sanity.

Thank you.....

Stomach issues. Since you have seriously consumed me, you've made me more mindful of taking care of myself. Even though the gluten free trial didn't work, and I still haven't found a complete solution....I am feeling better than I was! (but I will say going mostly organic and doing 6 small meals/day has helped)

Thank you.....

Garden. You provide us with TONS of tomatoes & basil & and baby summer squashes. This week I've made yummy salads with those.

I also pureed tomatoes to make a delicious enchilada sauce! Healthy enchiladas made an appearance on our table this week with grilled chicken, whole-wheat tortillas, greek yogurt, and spinach. Muy Bueno ;)

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I hope you can get into the GI doctor soon so you can get to the bottom of your stomach issues... So frustrating but i am glad you've come up with something that works in the mean time!

I think it's good to focus on the positive like you have in this post. Life is stressful but you clearly have a lot to be thankful for!!
Marlys said…
Loved your blog! And thanks for the note about Dad & I! It makes me feel warm inside! My kids are the best! Glad you are feeling better, but hope you do get to the bottom of your problems!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...