Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to Us!

2 Years ago today..........

I was the hungriest I had ever been (I didnt eat anything but a Mimosa & a bran muffin until 7pm)

I was in a dress w/ undergarments so tight that I had a difficult time sitting.

I smiled so hard that my face hurt all day long.

I had to graceful & elegant for an entire 24 hours (which is a huge feat for me)

I was surrounded by the most important people in the whole wide world for an entire day.

My heart raced and my stomach had butterflies when I saw Ryan for the 1st time that day.

I married my best friend.




Ohhhh that is such a cliche statement. It's in every wedding card, Anniversary card, and love song pertaining to weddings. "Today I married my best friend"

But I mean this is all seriousness! He truly is my best friend -- and every day I get to spend with him makes me feel extremely blessed. He keeps me motivated, driven, balanced, and happy!

He reminds me to slow down and just enjoy life sometimes.

He makes me say goodbye to my "scaredy-cat" ways and climb big mountains when hiking. He gets me to defeat my fear of heights, and lets me climb the ladder every once inawhile to change light bulbs - just so I can know how to do it if he ever is deployed or out of town.

He taught me how to scramble eggs.

We taught each other how to fall in love and be a life-long team!

I am so glad I spilled pomegranate juice on his white polo 4 years ago. That was the night we *hit it off*. So for those who live for excellent 1st impressions....just remember - the right person for you will see beyond your faults and shortcomings. (i.e. "Abby's Painful Clumsiness).

Although these past 2 years have gone really fast.........it feels like that wedding day was a long time ago! So much has happened since then!

Tonight we are celebrating with an evening in. I'm making Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Lemon-Basil Risotto!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
I hope you had a wonderful night in together! I can't believe it's been 2 years. That was such a wonderful day and you 2 are a very special couple.

I swear, if I ever get married, I am making sure I eat during my wedding day! SO many brides I know have been like starving on their wedding day and I don't think I could do that because being hungry makes me crazy crabby!!!
Jess said…
Happy Anniversary!!
Amber said…
Happy Anniversary!!! I remember when LIsa posted about your wedding. Can't believe it's been two years!

I am getting married exactly 11 months from today. I have a feeling it's going to go by really fast :-)
Marlys said…
Beautiful post, Abby! It was a special day and I'm so happy you are still basking in the blessings of that day!
Mama Nastase said…
It was a beautiful day and you were a beautiful, elegant bride! We're looking forward to watching your love grow for the next 80+ years! Love you and happy anniversary!!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...