Skip to main content

Crock Pot Love

I've having an affair..........................................With a crock pot. Sorry stove, and grill. I'll use you more when we move to our new house. Or when life gets less crazy. :)

And here's why I love the crockpot....

1) The belt is being tightened financially. We are trying to cut unneccessary expenses as much as possible. Every time we think about going out to eat, the words out of my mouth are as follows....

"That plate of sushi and saki bombs could buy us some really nice sconces in the entry way...."

I am the fun nazi. Crock pot meals are pretty cheap and delicious.

2) We are both working more than normal in order to bank up some $. I also feel like if I work a lot right now, and make my manager & co-workers happy.....they'll be more flexible with my schedule when we're closing/moving in!

3) Less spending of money + More time @ work = Less energy to cook after a long day at work

4) I'm cleaning out our excess of "stocked up fod" in the freezer. This is "stocked up food" I would normal say "It's freezer burnt. Time to throw away"

A day in the crock pot could make a 7 months pigs-foot taste tender and yummy.....(I exaggerate)

5) Crock pot meals = leftovers! Enough said.

6) Prepping crock pot meals before work requires me to get up a little earlier than normal. Do you know what that means? More time to drink coffee!!! Yay. I can now justifiy the addiction.

So here is the line-up meals via crockpot I've done lately:

Meal #1 - I placed chicken legs, soy sauce, honey, onions, peppers, thai pepper in "480-Minute-Man" before work. Returned from work, added broccoli. Wallah! You have a meal.

Meal #2 - Beef roast (1.25 lbs), carrots, potatoes, onion, beef broth, crushed tomatoes, red wine, herb. Cook all day. You have beef stew.

Today's Meal #3 - The other half of the beef roast, taco seasoning, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, red onion, jalepenos, salt. I plan on shredding, adding tomatoes & black beans. You have tacos.

What are some other reasons why I love the Crock Pot?
7) It doesn't boil over and make a mess.
8) You can cook "winter dinners" in September in AZ when it's 95 degrees out, and the house does not get hot.
9) No matter what I'm cooking in it....it always stimulates the same reaction in my husband when he walks in the door *Holds had to stomach, takes deep whiff of the air* "Mmmm What is that?!?! Can we eat now?"


Comments

Marlys said…
Mmm Mmm! I love crockpot food, too, but admire that you discipline yourself enough to prepare it before going to work! I do try it when I go home for lunch but you can't do that, so I am lucky!
I like crockpot food, too! I stopped using it during the day because i was gone for like 12+ hours and was afraid that was too long for things to cook, but now that I don't have a commute I should start making things in the crockpot during the day. I love them so much, though. My fave meal is the beef in pomegranate sauce. Mmm.. It's plate-licking good!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c