Not quite.In fact the only real progress that has been made was my husband taking all the pictures & curtains off the wall on Saturday morning. I just don't do well packing without someone there to keep me "on task". I'm too easily distracted. today I stopped, counted, and realized that I was attempting to do 5 things at once.
But in my attempts to pack up our house today, I made a few discoveries. Some random, some meaningful.
- I never throw away a pair of Mizunos. I have running shoes from years ago. I have running shoes with holes in them. I have a pair "camping/gardening shoes covered in burs & dirt.
- I have like 70+ cooking magazines. Bon Appetit, Simple & Delicious, Martha Stewart, the list goes on. I can't seem to throw them away. There could be a REAL winner of a recipe in one of those.
- Yes, I realize that probably all these recipes are online.
- I have a bag of potporri which is moving with us to the 3rd destination. Now I can't throw it away. The potporri has acclaimed a sentimental value to me now. (and I am not a hoarder)
- Many boxes from our last move never got unpacked. They just found a place in storage.
- In other words...the house we currently live in never really became a "home" to me. In fact...I never felt completely at home here.
- I own far too many winter coats to be living in a state that doesn't get a winter.
- We still haven't met our neighbors. We move next week. Friendly neighborhood we live in.(insert sarcastic smile here)
- Whenever I am tasked to "wrap the fragile items" with newpapers (for packing purposes). I always find it impossible to resist the urge to itch my nose. I then notice hours later black spots on my face.......after I've made a trip to the grocery store.