Actually, since we've moved to the southwest ..... winter (being the months December- March) has become my favorite season. But our "winter" in Tucson is like the "fall" in the midwest. Cool, crispy, and gorgeous!
But I have to get excited. It's not supposed to hit 100 degrees at all this week! In fact, today is a nippy 87 degrees! Time to get out my underarmour!
So here are a few favorites about my favorite season............
- Blue jeans
- Football (not that I'm a big football fan...but I must say I enjoy the idea of it)
- Back-to-School shopping (I don't partake in this either, obviously...but it brings back good memories of shopping with my Mom to picking out new notebooks, pencils, and gym shoes for the school year)
- Butternut squash soup
- Leaves changing (we won't see this until November-December...and cacti don't change color really :-))
- Coffeemate releases the Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint coffee creamers. Holy yum. This causes me to brew a 1/2 pot at 4:00 pm (which I'm currently doing this Monday afternoon)
- Apple cider (maybe with a little Hot Damn to give it a kick)
- No more shorts and tank tops. Hurray!!
- Cool temps in the morning, so I can say goodbye to that tredmill!