- Pomegranates. They're in season, and they're delicious. They are great with feta and spinach. This is the 1st year I've started using them. And oddly enough, I find cutting a pomegranate kind of relaxing.
- Cold temperatures. Everyone else in my town is miserable, and I'm smiling ear to ear. I love soup, sweaters, warm pajamas, and hot tea.
- Running. Cool temps + training for a Ragnar race = lots of running. Makes me smile.
- Blissful last evenings. Ryan will be leaving soon -- and we both know that. So every moment we get together is savored, pleasant, and happy. Teaches me a little lesson about "savoring the moment".
- Incense. I've been on an incense-burning kick lately. It makes me feel calm.
- My days off. The ER's across the country are insane right now. Flu season + post-Christmas season (people try to wait through the holidays) = insanity. There are many 12 hour shifts that I don't get to eat, have to strategize finding moments to get away to empty my bladder. I often come home feeling famished/stressed/dehydrated. I still love my job -- but, boy, do I appreciate my peaceful days off!
- Star-gazing. This is the best time of year to stargaze. I'm not an astronomer, so am not sure why. But Sunday night, we got out the telescope and did some stargazing and even saw a comet! It was the coolest thing ever.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I've had some deep posts lately, so I'm going to lighten things up today and talk about what has made me smile lately.