1. Current Book
- Every Last One - Anna Quindlen. This was on the book list my sister sent me, and I highly recommend it. It's one of those books, where you will be reading it in a public place, and you have your moments where you become offended that the rest of the world is just going on with their lives as normal. ;)
- That in 25 days we will be on our way home! Planning our "We're Home" BBQ. Planning the girls trip to Charleston/Myrtle Beach with my Mom & Sisters in October!
- It is still awfully hot to be "fashion forward" here in San Antonio! I am just really digging sundresses!
- I am really digging IPA (Indian Pale Ale) beers right now! That hoppy bitterness just really goes well with this humidity. My favorite is Stone IPA (they are out of Southern Cali)
- The rain we've been blessed with these past 2 days. SA (like many other regions of the county), is in a serious drought! So this rain (even though it's only lasted about 1 hour each day) has been heavenly.
- Snacky comfort foods. I am getting burnt out on cooking in this hotel room. Last Sunday for dinner we had a spread of pickled herring, shrimp cocktail, gouda cheese, crackers, and hummus. It was luxuriously comforting to my soul!
- See above :)
- Also, Pumpkin Spice Latte's are in season at Starbucks. I treated myself to one after our run yesterday. I savored every last sip!
- What life will be like when we return home to Tucson in 1 month.
- What life will be like in 2 months when Ryan's next school starts. Where will we be living? Is the neighborhood nice? What kind of hospital will I be working out?
- Life is so full of mysteries right now!!
- Today I am feeling a bit homesick, and just uneasy and nervous about all the upcoming changes.
- While at the same time excited.
- Charming Charlie - you know, that store at the mall filled from wall-to-wall with color-coordinated accessories? I love all their watches for work! They have a little bling, they come in fun colors (like hot pink!). And they have rubber watch-bands, so I can wash them with alcohol wipes!
- Currently, I am wearing blue running shorts and a hot pink t-shirt for I am waiting for Ryan to get home from class so we can lift weights and run in the post-rain-freshness!
- That the ER where my travel assignment is does not allow water bottles anywhere on the premises. You have to keep it in the breakroom, which is a long walk from the ER. What ends up happening is it gets so crazy busy that I go 12 hours barely drinking any water all day, and end up feeling super dehydrated. I just find it belittling that "I'm not allowed to have water". I'm a professional, but feel like I'm being treated like a child.
- When I'm Gone - Anna Kendrick. I love her voice!
14. Current Triumph
- Hmmm...I don't really feel very personally triumphant about anything right now.
15. Current TV Show
- I don't really watch a lot of tv these days. (AKA -- I feel like there's pure crap on television these days! AKA -- we do everything possible to stay out of our hotel room !!). Just watch the news at night!
- New running shoes. I've started marathon training, and I'm starting to feel like my shoes have lost their sparkle. Also, I have blood blisters on the soles of my feet - not sure why! It looks horrific.
- All my annual required compliance training for my job back in AZ (all the HR related stuff that corporations make everyone do!). Those powerpoints and videos are so monotonous, especially now that I have to do it for my agency, my contracting hospital, and my job back in AZ!