Skip to main content

This weeks headliners

I'm am really trying to get more consistent about blogging, as it is something I really enjoy. But my problem is I often will write an entire post, and then delete it -- out of insecurity. I have been thinking of doing a "weekly top 10" -- but I worry there will be weeks where I won't find 10 things to write about. ;)So here are my weekly headliners!

What defined my week......

  • Monday I planned on driving home from New Mexico in the morning to get home in time to do some housework, laundry, and prepare for the week ahead. During my run that morning (while Ryan was at his flight) I thought - why not stay? I don't really need to get back early. Best decision ever! I cleaned his hotel room, make him protein balls, read, blogged, made him lunch - and surprised him when he came home at 1 pm! I only actually got about 30 more minutes with him...but it was totally worth it!
  • My hospital went into a "Code White" this week. Code White means the hospital is at max capacity, the ER is full, and there were 29 surgeries that needed to be placed in beds. Code White is a poised way for the hospital administration to let everything know that "We're Screwed!!! Let's work really hard!". I got asked to step down from my case management position, don my scrubs, and work in the ER! And that I did. In fact, they put me as the triage nurse -- which really used a part of my brain I have neglected lately. It was really good for me. It also made my appreciate my new job.....I don't miss getting yelled at for putting people in the waiting room.
  • I had the most beautiful runs this week! The sun is coming up earlier - so my 0500 runs are no longer in total darkness. My running partners and I all stopped simultaneously Thursday morning when we could see daylight, and just sat in silence looking around, smiled, and then kept going. It was one of those defining moments where we all were thinking, "Our world is so beautiful....."
  • I am actually following March Madness this year. Kind of. I don't really follow sports. At all. But living in a town where you have a team that picked to lead the brackets - it's hard not to get excited! Go Wildcats!
  • I became obsessed with arugula this week. It happened to be on sale. I bought a big bag. Now I'm in love with it. Where have you been all my life, arugula? Yum! You are so good with eggs. And balsalmic. And salad. And well, everything.
  • Tomorrow (Saturday) I do my annual BIG TIME spring cleaning. Base boards, fan blades, walls, window sills, windows .... it all gets done. I'm looking forward to it!
Where were your weeks headliners? Do you do a big spring cleaning? Or do you just incorporate those jobs throughout the year. I never used to....but the past 2 years I have started doing this.

Comments

That was nice of you to help out in the ER this week. And it's good to have a day like that which reminds you that your current job is a much better fit.

This week was another stressful one for me. I don't see that stress going away anytime soon so I guess I will just have to accept it for now. I'm totally over so many things (job searching, living in Charlotte, talking about why I don't like Charlotte) but hopefully this chapter comes to a close somewhat soon.

To answer your question about spring cleaning, the answer is never... I know, I am the black sheep of cleaning in our family. I do the usual chores of vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen/bathroom, but I don't really ever do a deep clean of mopboards and such. Maybe if I owned my place I would feel differently...
Marlys said…
I can't wait for it to warm up so I can open the windows and do some deep cleaning! I love a squeaky clean house!
That picture you posted the morning of your run was absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you stopped to "smell the roses" and took in the beauty of God's creation!
I have eaten arugula and have found it tasty, too. So you use it in scrambled eggs like spinach? I will have to try that sometime. I know that it is used a lot on Food Network shows, so must be good!
Does it have lemony flavor? I think that is what I have heard, anyway.
Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for