What defined my week......
- Monday I planned on driving home from New Mexico in the morning to get home in time to do some housework, laundry, and prepare for the week ahead. During my run that morning (while Ryan was at his flight) I thought - why not stay? I don't really need to get back early. Best decision ever! I cleaned his hotel room, make him protein balls, read, blogged, made him lunch - and surprised him when he came home at 1 pm! I only actually got about 30 more minutes with him...but it was totally worth it!
- My hospital went into a "Code White" this week. Code White means the hospital is at max capacity, the ER is full, and there were 29 surgeries that needed to be placed in beds. Code White is a poised way for the hospital administration to let everything know that "We're Screwed!!! Let's work really hard!". I got asked to step down from my case management position, don my scrubs, and work in the ER! And that I did. In fact, they put me as the triage nurse -- which really used a part of my brain I have neglected lately. It was really good for me. It also made my appreciate my new job.....I don't miss getting yelled at for putting people in the waiting room.
- I had the most beautiful runs this week! The sun is coming up earlier - so my 0500 runs are no longer in total darkness. My running partners and I all stopped simultaneously Thursday morning when we could see daylight, and just sat in silence looking around, smiled, and then kept going. It was one of those defining moments where we all were thinking, "Our world is so beautiful....."
- I am actually following March Madness this year. Kind of. I don't really follow sports. At all. But living in a town where you have a team that picked to lead the brackets - it's hard not to get excited! Go Wildcats!
- I became obsessed with arugula this week. It happened to be on sale. I bought a big bag. Now I'm in love with it. Where have you been all my life, arugula? Yum! You are so good with eggs. And balsalmic. And salad. And well, everything.
- Tomorrow (Saturday) I do my annual BIG TIME spring cleaning. Base boards, fan blades, walls, window sills, windows .... it all gets done. I'm looking forward to it!