I hadn't seen my Mom in almost 6 months, my Dad in 1 year - and have been feeling extremely homesick. I have learned over the past few years that "homesick" has nothing to do with location - but with the loving arms of those you miss.
Lately I have been in kind of an emotional fog. Not a very exciting or riveting person to be around, with not a lot to talk about. And I feel like that fog was cleared this weekend! Especially when my husband walked in the door Friday night (we haven't seen each other in 3 weeks).
It was a wonderful weekend. Here are a few of the things that filled my weekend with joy:
- Mornings of drinking multiple pots of coffee and catching up on life -- I have always cherished weekend mornings with my mom and dad.....
- Showing them the sights of Tucson
- Taking them to the Farmers Market to show them that things really do grow in the desert!
- Going to some of our favorite restaurants - enjoying good food on patios with perfect weather
- We went to a musical comedy theater Friday night which was awesome! I was so happy my parents enjoyed it as much as Ryan and I do!
- Sitting out by the pool playing International Rummy while sipping margaritas
- Waking up Saturday morning with my husband next to me, and getting to talk about our day ahead -- I've missed that.
These visits always go way too fast! But I am so grateful that they got to make the trip from North Dakota to spend some time with me! I am very lucky to have parents who I love and get along with so well.
This photo was taken right away - reunited after 1 year! Big smiles :)
This was the 1st night, we went my favorite gastropub up the street from my house called "Noble Hops" -- and we got an extra treat! There was live music, which was an amazing Spanish Guitarist.
This is Friday night @ a modern Italian eatery called North. The atmosphere here is just gorgeous (if you can see the mountains in the background)
Ryan and I reunited....glowing with smiles!