I adore Summer.
Summer = fun
Summer = sunshine
Summer = playful
Summer = happy
Okay, in all honesty, summer = blistering, freaking hot in the Sonoran desert. But, I like to focus on the positive.
Here is my list of things I'm planning on checking off my list this summer:
- Perfecting my white sangria recipe. And then posting it on here.
- Eating lots and lots of watermelon
- Keeping "Holly" my tomato plant alive all summer long (I've named her "Holly", since she was "conceived" while Ryan was at Holloman Air Force Base. Yes, I name my plants.)
- Spending hot summer nights cooling off in the pool
- Goal: Tread water for 30 minutes!
- Another goal: Swim 3 miles. (I'm currently at 1.75 miles. I've got this! I technically have until October, since our summer lasts 6 months!)
- Join a "Produce Share" group, and learn how to cook some new vegetables! (We just enrolled in Sunizona Family Farms and get our 1st basket next Tuesday night!!)
- Keep running all summer long! In the past I cut back in the summers in AZ, because of the heat. But, I did a run in 100 degrees last night and survived! I've got this! (I don't have a choice...I have a Ragnar relay in Napa on September 19)
- Wear lots of sunscreen
- Enjoy every second of my trip home to the lakes in August!
What's on your "to do" list for summer?