Skip to main content

Currently

Happy Saturday! Here are my "current" currently's.

Current Book:
"If I Stay". It's an easy summer read...which I'm in dire need of, with my poor reading skills lately. It's about the outer-body experience of a teenager who got in a tragic car accident. She's watching her body in the ICU, and trying to decide whether to stay or go. It's really interesting to the nurse in me.

Current Excitement:
 It is looking like the next guarenteed weekend Ryan & I will have together is in August when we go to Minnesota for a week @ the lakes w/ family! Lame that he works so much during July, but I'm focusing on the positive!! Cannot wait to see family and meet my niece/God-daughter Evelyn!

Current Fashion:
I'm really loving the maxi dresses. Only for evenings out. It's too damn hot to wear a maxi dress during the day in Tucson (for this girl, anyhow).

Current Drink:
Iced Green tea with Raspberry @ Starbucks. I've sipping that as I write this blog.

Also Gin & Tonic is my alcoholic DOC (drink of choice) lately.

Current Love:
My Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday runs with my girlfriends. Our group has built up to an "wolf pack" of 6 of us! It's such a great energy to start the day!

Current Food:
Hmm...Last night I made a really delicious thai recipe with chicken, broccoli, peppers, and pad thai noodles. The smells it fills our home with is so savory and delicious!

Current Indulgence:
Frost - a gelato shop about 10 minutes from our house. It's my weekly treat. There are so many flavors, I want to try them all by the end of the year! (What a goal, huh?) Last week I tried Peach Bellini - it has real chunks of peach in it. Mmm....

Currently Pondering
What I want to be when I grow up. I plan to stay in this current role for about 3 more years. It's scary and exciting to think about where the road will take me....

Current Mood
Joyful. I have to say over the past few months, I've been in a really good place in my life. Love my job, my marriage is happy, I'm surrounded by amazing friendships, there's plans to see family in the near future.....cannot complain

Current New Find
The Soma Half Ironman in Phoenix this October. I wanted to do it last year, but we were still suck in Texas. This week a few of my friends & I decided we are doing it! Training begins Monday!

Current Outfit
Currently I'm wearing pink jean shorts and a navy sleeveless button down.

Current Peeve
We're getting our house painted (exterior) - and we picked a company 1 month ago. They showed up with their pressure washers on Tuesday morning without any notification. I'm happy they are getting started, but we wish they would have notified us! We are hosting a pool party tomorrow, and our backyard looks like a construction zone.

Current Triumph
I did an acrylic painting this week! Okay, don't start calling me an artist. My girlfriends and I went to a place called "Brush & Bottle". It's BYOB (and snacks) - and an art teachers walks you through a painting. It was so much fun!! Will definitely do it again!





Current Wish List
A wet suit for my triathlon. I really don't want to spend $100. Luckily, I have until October - so I am going to start with Goodwill :)

Currently delaying
Getting my PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) re-cert. I can no longer work in the ER unless I get that. I need to start picking up a shift here and there to stay current.

Comments

That is so exciting that you are going to do a half ironman! It's great that you will have a group to train with for that, too! I can't wait to hear how it goes. And hey, you will get lots of open water swim practice at the lake in August. :)

That is annoying about the painters just showing up. Bleh. Some companies are so inconsiderate when it comes to things like that!

I hope you have a blast at your pool party today!!
Marlys said…
I'm anxious to see pictures of your house when it is completed! It is irritating that they show up UN-announced, though! Maybe the worst of the mess is over if the pressure washing and prep work is done?
That thai recipe sounds delicious! I love food like that!
I just love the painting you gals did! It is so cool! I am so proud of you, Abby! There is an artist buried somewhere in each of us, maybe? My Grandma McDougall was an artist and painted beautiful pictures! It saddens me that I never got one! She mostly painted flowers, specifically pansies! I remember going up to their attic and looking at them in her storage chest. I wonder who ended up with them?
Glad you have others to train with for your Half Ironman!
And so excited to see you in August!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c