Here's our weekend in bullet-point style:
- Went for a nice solo run Friday morning. Almost all of my runs these days are with friends. This is awesome, but for most of my life I've always ran alone. So I value my solo runs done at my own pace with my own thoughts.
- That night we went to a Ragnar "wrap up party" with 3 other couples. It was such a fun evening. Definitely came home that night with "sore cheeks" from all the laughter!!
- Saturday morning I shared a pot of coffee with Ryan, and went to the gym to lift weights. Mornings like that make me really appreciate being done training for my 70.3. From June-October, my Saturday mornings would be spent waking up at 4:15 am and doing a 3+ hour brick workout!
- After the gym, we got coffee and met a few friends to watch the "El Tour de Tucson" - which is one of the biggest cycling races in America. We are very lucky that it goes right by our house. Fun to watch the thousands of athletes! It was fun to see several of our friends/coworkers! Weather was perfect! (we are SO doing it next year!!!)
- Saturday night we had a date night. We went to the I-max theater and saw "Interstellar" and went out for Neapolitan pizza.
- Sunday morning I met a girlfriend for a hilly 8 mile run.
- I made quite the spread of breakfast burritos and Ryan and I went to church together.
- The rest of the day was spent cleaning and relaxing, since Ryan had to go back on night shift Sunday.
- Sunday night I made a new recipe, which I will share! Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/4 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook the brown rice per package directions.
- In a separate skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and garlic in pan. Add in the chicken breasts. Season with salt & pepper. Cook on medium low. When the chicken is almost done, add in the onions and mushrooms.
- When rice is done, add in the broccoli. Allow this to steam.
- In measuring cup, whisk together almond milk, yogurt, and cheese. Pour into the rice mixture. Stir until combined and cheese is melted.
- Cut chicken into chunks, and add into the rice.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until blended.
- If desired, sprinkle extra cheese on top and allow to melt.
Check out these cute "Mexican Tarts" I made for Friday's party! I cut circles from tortilla shells, filled them with pureed beans and salsa, and topped with cheese, olives, and sour cream. Baked in muffin tins @ 425 for 10 minutes. They were adorably delicious!!
What were your weekend highlights? What have you been cooking lately?