Skip to main content

Weekly Review

The high of my week was a tie between 2 evenings.
Wednesday - having Happy Hour with my friend Kristy on Wednesday night and catching up.
Thursday - having a date night with Ryan after not seeing him all week. Life is pretty crazy right now, so we went to our favorite sports bar, had nachos and beer, and caught up on life. Simple but exactly what I needed.

The low of my week was...work was rough this week! We had 2 people out on vacation, so having to do their work in addition to mine made for some long days!

My favorite outfit was This one! It was fun, springy, and comfortable. It's a battle to look "summer-y", but still able to bear the rigid 67 degree temps of my office....

 


For my workouts, I completed:
Monday - I power walked Miles for 2 miles, and did a 20 minute crossfit work out: 5 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 25 weighted squats. No stopping!
Tuesday - Track workout - 16 x 400's, getting faster every grouping of 4. Butt kicker!!
Wednesday - Lifted Back & Bi's, Swam 1600 m (100 m sprints)
Thursday - Ran 9 miles
Friday - slept and slept and slept...sooo tired!
Saturday - Ran 8.5 super hilly and hot miles
At the end of this run, we ran to the top of this hill (it's a CRAZY incline). Such a reward getting to the top!
We always run up the hill, down the backside, and through the tunnel coming back. The tunnel is kind of a fun treat at the end of the run :)
 
 

Sunday - cycled 40 miles with my girls. Again, very hilly but awesome! (it's really hard to bike around Tucson without hills since we are in a mountainous valley...)

What I cooked - Ryan was not home most of the week, so I had many "salad/cheese/cracker meals". My most significant recipes were....Sweet Potato Tot Hotdish and S'mores Bars I made for Ryan to bring into work Sunday. I hate the word "tater", so refuse to refer to it as "tater tot hotdish". It's one of Ryan's favorite meals, and I loathe it. So make it for him to bring to work.

The best money I spent was $23 on my pedicure yesterday. I haven't had a Pedicure since May of 2014. Saturday after 2 hours of running errands, I decided to treat myself to a pedi. I would have been okay if she had just massaged my feet the entire time, and skipped the whole "toenail clipping/painting". :)

My plans this weekend included:

Pretty low key since Ryan's flew swing shift Sat & Sun nights.....

Friday night I got home and was spent, so Ryan poured us a glass of wine and we vacation planned.
Saturday - Ran with the girls, went to Starbucks with Ryan, did some shopping, spent the rest of the day running errands and doing work around the house until 9 pm!! Day went WAY TOO FAST!
Sunday - Biked 40 miles with my girls, went to church, and then went to a friend's house for a pool day/bbq. Finished my day taking Miles for a nice sunset walk.





What were your week's highlights?

Comments

Marlys said…
I love your outfit and the sweater surprised me until I remembered about your "cold" office! I can understand for sure!
You had a busy week but glad you got to spend some time with Ryan!
Miles looks so grown up and he sure has a long tongue!
We had a nice weekend at the lake and got the boat & pontoon cleaned up for summer use. We cleaned the beach and now we are ready for summer weather to come which it did yesterday, so we took a long slow boat ride and soaked up the sun! Today it will be in the high 80's and I am ready!
Lisa's Yarns said…
Sounds like a super busy week! I am glad you guys still find time for some low key date nights. That's important when you are both so busy! Are you planning to do another tri? Sounds like you are keeping up with swimming and biking on top of running. I am impressed by the number of workouts you fit in each week!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Let's try this again...

Last year we purchased soil, mulch, and all these plants that grow great in well-watered, rich-soiled areas. Then we went away for a weekend, and everything dried up like a prune. I was a bit disappointmented, as gardening is a hobby & passion of mine. In fact, I became quite frustrated with our hot climate. But we did some research on desert plants, and I found a new love! Desert plants are quite fascinating, actually. Their tough outer skin & small leaves result in maximum absorbtion of our spare water -- allowing them to thrive on little. They are also extremely regenerative. You can cut a branch or an arm off a cactus, and plant it in the ground somewhere else to create a new plant. So we found a very local cactus nursery last weekend, and got to work! Here are a few of the gems we planted. (These are pictures I've found offline, as I haven't taken proper pictures of our front yard yet due to the immaturity of our plants at this point) The Desert Barrel ...