I'll throw in a few pictures, as well.
Hold on tight - lots to cover ;)
- 4th of July weekend was amazing. So full - so much laughter - so much fun. We got to bond with family from California, cousins, siblings, nieces, nephews.
- Much boating, laking, laughing, eating over the 4th of July.
- Have I mentioned that I feel like this trip home feels like this freeze in time where I'm kind of covering ground I lost over the past 9 years? Blog post to come on that soon....
Out to dinner over the 4th of July weekend with family on my dad's side!
Fedora picture taken after a day of tubing down the river with aunts and cousins on the 4th of July
Pontoon ride that weekend with several of my siblings, their children, and my parents! And Ryan's awkward selfie face :D
- The actual 4th of July didn't end so great. We got a call that night from the police that our house was robbed.
- We got a take a surprise visit home to clean up the damage. We made the most of it though, got a lot done, and was even able to squeeze some time in with our friends!
- We had a great Camping weekend with my sister and her family at Lake Carlos near Alexandria, MN. We spend pretty much all weekend out on the boat - as there is a chain of about 3 weeks. We couldn't have asked for better weather - and again...the weekend was filled with so much fun!
Friday night after setting up camp and eating dinner - quite the storm rolled through. Luckily - my sister and her husband have a large Expedition with a dvd player in it! We all cuddled up in there and watched Dumb and Dumber.
Many good memories were made this weekend! Here we are being very "Midwest" - donning my Twins shirt and drinking Woodchipper ale while being eaten up by mosquitos! Heaven lol
- Ryan turned 30. He had the work night shift the weekend of his birthday, and was in Ohio for week the week before - but was able to spend Friday night at the lakes to celebrate the new decade. I baked him a chocolate cake and make authentic green chile enchiladas for his birthday meal and we went on a sunset cruise on the pontoon! He was super exhausted and not much in the partying mood. Maybe 40 will be a bigger "bang" - but let's not rush into that lol.
- We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Not sure how that happened so fast...but it sure did!
We celebrated by going to a Redhawks game, out to dinner at Vinyl Taco downtown, and did some beer tasting at Drekker Brewing company while listening to live music. Perfect night in my books!
- In between all that - we have been spending every possible free second at the lakes.
- Ryan has been very busy at work going through the training to be an instructor pilot in his new aircraft, and is almost done!
- And I have been very busy with some career related news I will be sharing soon.....
I can confidently say this is a summer I am never going to forget and will always hold a very special place in my heart! I am off to Minneapolis to visit my sister this weekend. I am so excited to get some bonding time with her!