Skip to main content

She will come when she's ready

"She will come when she is ready"

The most annoying phrase of the week. 



Thank you for your wise insight. I had no idea that was how this whole pregnancy, labor, and delivery concept works. 

Also, when someone is sleeping about 4 hours/night for the past week - telling them "she will come when she's ready" is so therapeutic. I was tired, uncomfortable, impatient, and anxious... But now I feel so much better knowing such valuable information. 

( Ha! :D ) 

Okay okay, I'll end my rant. You know I have to rant. I know these comments of insightful and wise advice aren't meant to be annoying. But, they are annoying. 

I've been pregnant for 39 weeks and 5 days, my house is 100% ready for a baby, I'm not sleeping well - and I am very aware that babies come when they are ready. 

And just to add, I've heard this from a handful of friends/colleagues this week. I never once asked them "when is this baby going to come?". this has been their response after saying "How are you  feeling? Are you sleeping well?" -- and when I give my honest assessment...they say "Well, babies come when they are ready"

So now when people ask how I'm feeling - I just say "Great."

I even had someone say "Well, once she comes she isn't going anywhere. So savor these moments

Gosh, I wish you would have told me that before I sat on a balance ball from the hours of 12 am-3am the other night having contractions and cramps. I would have worked harder at really savoring that time. That was so much fun - I don't know why it didn't dawn on me in the moment how enjoyable that was.

Okay - I'll put the salt shaker down. 


Any day now, let's hope this little baby makes her way into our world! 

I mean, she will come when she's ready, Right? That's what I hear, anyways. 

:D 





Comments

That was one upside to 39w schedules inductions/c-sections! But I still got those comments. Like with Will people said to savor the time as a family of 3. I was in so much pain and constantly icing a joint so I was not savoring anything!! It’s easy to be positive when you aren’t the one who is in the final stages of pregnancy!! I hope the next several days go by quickly for you!!
Lizzie G. said…
😂😂😂🤣 Soo true!! I always love welcome and have huge belly laughs when you are refreshingly honest, sarcastic and hilarious! The struggle of these final pregnancy days are real!💗
Marlys said…
Some things never change! And I must admit that I made that comment to you once, so I apologize! I remember being overdue 12 days and Dr telling me that same thing! He was a man, so truly didn’t understand.
As I write this you are in labor and I wait patiently to hear the news, we’ll maybe not patiently, as I know how difficult labor can be.

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c