Skip to main content

7 months in review

I've been in a bit of a haze over the past 7 months. I wouldn't say I'm out of the haze. But I'm coming up for air. 

Let me bullet point-style and unload my soul. As I feel these are pivotal life moments that need to be documented somewhere...

  • Maddy had growth issues. I had breastfeeding issues. It took many pediatrician appointments, 6 lactation consultant appointments, Gallons of tears, and so many prayers - but somehow Madelyn has gone from being in the 1st percentile to the 13th percentile as an exclusively breastfed baby. If our next baby has issues - I am going to come back to this bullet point as a reminder. It took work. It took a supportive husband. It took professional help. It took many text messages and phone calls to my sisters, Mom, and some good mama friends. But...we got there. 
  • We have had some awesome family visits - my parents stayed here for 2 weeks after Madelyn was born, my brother Kevin and his family came in April, Ryan's sister Erin came in June, and his Mom and step dad stayed with us for a week in July!! 





  • We took our 1st vacation to San Diego in May when Maddy was 3 months old! 
  • I did not return to work. I quit my job, as they could not accommodate part-time work. But when I quit my job, they came back and asked if I could do some contracting and work as many or little hours as I'd like.
  • Since June, I've worked more hours than I'd like. Being a full-time stay-at-home mom, helping run our real estate business, and working 15 hours a week, and running on 5 hours sleep/night was a little much. I've finally trained up my replacement...and am able to settle down a little.
  • I'm still a runner. But most of my runs are pushing a stroller and a babbling babe.


  • I haven't slept more than 3 hours straight since February. 
  • Life feels complete. 







Comments

Marlys said…
Welcome back! It’s been a full seven months to be sure, but you always seem to handle things very well. I know the sleep deprivation is a struggle and I so hope Maddy soon sleeps through the nights. I so enjoy all the pictures you send us and the facetimes so we can see her grow before our eyes! Modern technology has its benefits! You also took a trip back to MN so that was another bullet point and it was so great to hold her after being there when she was first born.
Keep up the blogs as you will enjoy looking back on them in the future and marvel at her development landmarks!
I agree with mom - keep up the blogging. You will be so glad to have this to look back on as she gets older. Especially when/if you have another child. It all really does become a blur although I know it's hard to believe that when you are in the midst of a really bad stretch of sleepless nights! I am glad you are going to be working less because that was all a lot for one person! Being a SAHM is 100% a FULL TIME job!! I'm so glad we got to see you guys in August and I really hope a Feb trip will work - just waiting for mom and dad to know when they might come which is based on Jason's surgery.

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c