Skip to main content

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month) 

 How am I sleeping?

Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times. 

No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is.

What am I eating?

While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her. 

Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and cheese! I also will roll up a tortilla with avocado and give that to her as a treat. I guess tortillas are frowned upon because of their nutritional content, but I like balance. And tortillas...:)

Here she is enjoying some soba noodles, ground turkey, and zucchini. 



How often do I eat?

 Oh man, that continues to be a struggle. But I guess I'm a full time mom - and this is what I'm getting "paid" to do. Lol.

Maddy eats every 3-4 hours. And then you add in 2-3 real food meals/day. I feel like I'm constantly either breastfeeding, preparing food, or washing dishes. 

What are my favorite toys?

Dog food, dog water, cook books, and all the things I'm not supposed to get into. 


 

When Mom is doing a good job at supervising me, I love to play with wooden puzzles (mostly just chew on the pieces) and balls. 



What makes me cry?

Car rides. That's basically the only time she ever cries. I have tried everything - and she just doesn't seem like it. It is what it is...we gotta go places so I just deal with it. 

What makes me laugh?

She really makes us work for her giggles. She finds sneezing very entertaining as well as peek-a-boo and, of course, tickling. But I try to keep the tickling to a minimum - as there is nothing is this world I hate more than being tickled so I have empathy. Ha

What's keeping mama busy?

We are currently trying to sell our house - so I have been doing a lot of packing/decluttering/cleaning to attempt to make our home look like a single OCD person lives here (not 2 busy adults, an 8 month old, and a golden retriever). In addition to that - Maddy crawls and climbs into everything. So it keeps me on my toes all day long! But it's fun - and fills my heart. 

While she's a very high-energy baby - she's so happy and silly!


Here is our attempt at a family picture in front of our cabin the weekend we closed!




Maddy loves looking out windows that are her height. I always wonder what she's thinking about...

Comments

You'll be so glad you did these down the road, especially when/if you have a 2nd! I have dropped down to every other month for Will, I think starting at 6 months? And then I go every 3 months after 1? So I slowly trickle down on the # of posts but am always glad that I documented anything as I can't be trusted to remember anything on my own!

I hope she starts to need less feedings but it's so different from baby to baby. It took us until about 10-11 months to cut Paul's night feedings. He had all the ear trouble so we didn't feel we could cut them until after he got tubes at 9m. I look back at that time and wonder how we did it, although it was a little easier because he was bottle fed so we split the nights. But still - that was a rough stage for us and I think we were always a little bleery eyed!

She's such a cutie, though! Don't worry about tortillas. Like you said it's all about balance. I tried giving Will a tortilla when we had tacos and he did not like it! It was corn since that's all we buy w/ my gluten intolerance so maybe that is too strong of a scent for him or something? Who knows. His favorite food is banana pancakes which is a fave of Paul's - you mix a mashed banana with one egg, add cinnamon and vanilla. They are very thin and crepe-like so can be tricky to flip. We put PB on them. Paul likes his rolled up and sliced. I fold Taco's in half and cut into strips. They love them and they are very nutritional! I heard about them on a dieticians blog.
Marlys said…
She sounds like a very determined little girl, and so busy! I hope her sleeping gets better so you get more rest. I just chuckle thinking of her pulling at your shirt to get a drink!
Good luck on the house selling and buying. It will be interesting to see how the next weeks go.

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for