Skip to main content

A check in

I haven't blogged in a really long time and I was thinking about this the other day. But figured I'd do a little life update on here. Ryan and I were talking about amusement parks the other evening and he thought I had never been to one with him. He said "your memory of Six Flags with a guy must have been a college or high school boyfriend. We haven't gone together" 

So I busted open this blog - and referenced a post from 2013 when we were stationed in San Antonio and walla! I proved him wrong :D 

That led me to realize this blog is really nice. While facebook/instagram is a great place to hold pictures with random captions about the day. My blog really demonstrates a little more feeling to it all. 

I wish I had been better about blogging throughout Maddy's 1st year of life. But here are I am. 

We've been a little busy since my last post in October. Since October we have

-Gotten settled into our cabin

-Sold our house 

-Bought a new house 

-Moved

-Acquired 2 more rental properties with our business

-Ryan has traveled a ton with work

-Maddy had a 3-day hospital stay back in November due to a pesky scorpion sting 

-Ryan's 2 siblings (Erin & Nick) came out for Christmas with their families and we hosted a big Christmas celebration with family.  

-Maddy & I drove out to San Diego for a week in January to stay with Ryan while he was here on a work trip. It was my 1st longish, solo, road-trip with the babe. She was 11 months old at the time - and it went great!

-My parents came out in February for 3 weeks, as did my sister Lisa and her family. It was such a delight to have family around!!! 

-We are back in San Diego while Ryan works (maybe I'll pull it together to do a recap post on the great trip we are having).

While my social media account hosts a plethora of pictures of Maddy...below are her "1 year photos" we had taken at our favorite place to hike. It is located about 5 minutes from our house. She hated the photography session, as it was a cold morning (for Arizona). But I still love how they turned out. 







 

Comments

You guys have packed a lot in during the last 6 months or so! Love that you could prove Ryan wrong by showing him you did in fact go to an amusement park together!!! I am glad that I've blogged over the years as my memory of things gets pretty tenuous, especially what Paul was doing at various ages. So it's been nice for me to go back and read about Paul at these stages! It is work to blog, but I can squeeze it in during downtime during my work day so that makes it more manageable for me!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c