1. Of your current hobbies, which would you choose to spend more time, money, and effort on? Why?
Gardening. First off: I need soil. We have all rocks & sand in the backyard. I also need more patience. And I need to go ahead and just buy a load of "gardening materials". When we get a real house, I'm determined to have a garden! Why? Because I think it's therapeutic and accomplishing, and I love to cook and would like to can! Also, as a child I wanted to grow up to be a horticulturist (sp?)
2. List the two other hobbies/habitual activies (not chores) besides the one listed above that you regularly do now and didn’t choose in question one.
3. Why are you spending time on the above two hobbies/habitual activies at all if you really wanted to spend your time on the first one you chose? …or to put it another way, what are these two hobbies/habitual activities fullfilling that the first one doesn’t if you don’t want to put all your effort into the first hobby?
Running and cooking are more enjoyable to me. Running is essential for keeping me calm and energized. Cooking is my way of unwinding and making myself & husband happy! It's my artistic expression!
4. Ready John 3:16 in the bible… In what way does this passage affect you? What are your feelings towards these words, positively or negatively?
It's a beautiful verse that my faith is based upon. It's one of those verses that I can easily rethink before I make any action in daily life.
For example: Maybe it's Sunday morning, and I'm feeling the temptation to miss mass -- I always think in the state of mind of "God gave his only Son to us, and I can't take 1 hour of my day for him?" ...... and within minutes we are getting ready/dressed to go to church! :)
5. M&M’s: nuts, no nuts, or peanut butter?
PB makes my stomach kind of turn. Which is interesting, but I was to looooove peanut butter! I'm all about the nuts. Almost M & M's are my favorite.
6. Putting away the feeling of pride being a bad thing; what secretly/openly are you proud about yourself?
I am proud of my discipline.
When I set my mind to something; that's how it is - end of story. If I'm planning to do a work-out, I do it. I won't touch fast-food with a 10-foot pole. I understand that "Ohhh...a french fry won't hurt". But that's now how I work. If I say no: then that's how it's going to be.
I don't have my first class for this rotation until 3:30 this afternoon, and I've already completed an 8 page assignment about psych meds.
7. Given one room in the house to do with what you want, not changing the actual size of the room and with all the money you would need, what would you do, and be specific? (this can range from bouncy floor,walls & ceilings; to hard wood floor with wood paneling and purple ceiling with a chair; to nothing)
I would say kitchen; because I have a dream kitchen in my mind -- but I don't mind the kitchen I have now. So, I'm going to say I'd change our master bedroom.
We're renting, so we can't. It has carpet in the bathroom portion. I'd put tile down, make a walk-in shower, and a jetted-tub. Our shower would also have a "steam" option with eucalyptus scent just so I can have healthy lungs!
8. What’s the next movie you’re going to see? Not what you’d LIKE to GO see, but the next movie you realistically are going to watch.
I would really like to see "The Time Traveler's Wife". I don't know if that will happen. I've put my husband through a lot of chick-flicks lately.....
9. Use the keyboard only and make your best smiley/funny/cool face –> like this! 8^)
: D - I have a big smile on my face. The weather is cool outside, there's a promise of a weekend getaway in my near future, psych begins today, and things are looking up.
10. What makes you cry? What makes you pray? What makes you laugh?
Cry - piano music (seriously, I miss it so much that I cry upon hearing it), sad movies, being a disappointment to others
Pray - my family, new changes in life, when I get frustrated/impatient, the future!
Laugh - my husband, anything even remotely funny that happens at church/in class/or anywhere I'm not supposed to laugh, (I agress with Lisa) telling stories with my sister, clever jokes