1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?
I would. I think I'd visit the 50's, just for a week - for it'd probably get really old. Sometimes... I just want to wear cute house dresses and aprons. And the only care in the world would be cooking and cleaning and being an all-star housewife.
2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
Probably the clown costumes my Mom sewed when I was young. They were amazing.
Also, an occasion in college when all the girls hit the frats dressed up as sexy nurses, naughty cops, and other profanities....I taped purple balloons all over my body and went as a "Bunch of Grapes".
3. Do you like your name? If you weren't called by your name, what would you want to be called?
I would love my name. But everyone seems to think it's cool to name their dogs Abby these days too. I know so many people who are like "Your name is Abby? Oh cool! That's my Border York Terriers name." (I don't know if that's an actual dog, but it sounded good) I'm not a "dog person", as we know.
I would love to have a really unique name like Ingrid or Eva.
4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!
Hmm...probably my stew or a roast I've made. Or this Teryaki Lime Steak recipe. I am too lazy to type up the recipe, and to be honest -- I couldn't tell you the measurements. But it had a nice combo of Fresh limes, soy sauce, honey, onions, green & yellow peppers, and steak. It marinated overnight and was quite delicious!
5. Look around - what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?
I have a frame on the wall that says "I am like a falling star who has finally found their place next to another in a lovely constellation". I got it from my Mom for a bachelorette party gift - it's very cute and fitting in our house! :)
6. What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Would you recommend it?
Valentine's Day. I definitely recommend it -- very cute show!
I'm so anti-movie theater now. I heard they're going to jack up the prices even more. I am so not into spending $30 to sit in an uncomfortable chair, listening to people's phones going off, smelling popcorn, to watch a movie that I may not even like!
7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
I went to Band Camp for 4 years, and absolutely loved it. Some of my best memories of that age were of camp - and I still keep in contact with some of my friends.
I think sending your kids to camp is a great idea. Especially if they go to a small school. It gets them out of their "box" and forces kids to meet new people! It's almost a mini-taste-of-college (at a young age).
8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
"Fidelity" - Regina Specktor. I always have a song, and sometimes I will try picking the most ridiculous songs purposely. This song was chosen purely to make me smile whenever my phone rings. However, I never hear it b/c phone is nearly always silenced or on vibrate.
9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
Coming to Tucson was the farthest from "ND home". I haven't left the continent yet!
10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
Ugh. Unfortunately yes. In high school, a kid wrote multiple songs about me. In fact, multiple tapes were placed in my locker on Valentines Day. So creepy. Gross.