Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday!

1. Do you color? If you do, is it with markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc.?
No, not since I was about 7. I could never color in the lines either. If I had to - I would choose markers for it takes less time to fill in the spots. (patience is not my thing...as we all know)
2. What’s the most organized part (or system) in your house?
It's a tie between our refridgerator, pantry, bookshelf, and baker's rack. Lol....I like to organize.

3. What’s the most unorganized part (or system) in your house?
Our spare bedroom closet. It is our storage closet - that is stacked with many college text books, unwanted clothes, and randomness. I even have a banjo in that closet!

And the spare bedroom bed which has all my piano music stacked on it and the keyboard and acoustic guitar. I think I need a music room some day....

Let's just say I keep that door closed at all times...

4. If you had unlimited amounts of time and money, what museum would you want to see and why?

I would like to return to some of the museums that I saw in DC - The Smithsonian, The Holocaust Museum, etc. I felt super rushed, being I visited these in high school on a trip.

I also would like to see Pearl Harbor in Hawaii.

5. What is your favorite part of the fall season?
Sweaters and jeans. I pine for that in Arizona. I'm really tired of wearing shorts.
6. Did you dress up for Halloween?
H-No, I did not. I haven't dressed up in years!
I really thought about joining my peers and going out to the clubs in bra and panties. But realized I had some self-respect, so stayed home and carved pumpkins and ate candy corns instead ;)

(Sense my rich, rich sarcasm there?! And my point of view??? ;) )

7. Have you started Christmas shopping?
I love to wait until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping. Gives me something to look forward to. In fact, I really enjoy putting it off until it becomes a stressful event.

8. Do you crack your knuckles?
No. Owwww! It's not good for you! And I cringe when I hear people pop their knuckles too.

Some day every joint and bone will make neat little popping noises -- we don't need to force it at a young age!

9. If you had to live in another city for a year (all expenses paid), which city would you choose?
San Diego - maybe Coronado Island. I would have a beach house, too. And every morning take long runs on the beach.

10. Do you have any reoccurring dreams?

Do I ever! My reoccurring dreams haunt my life!!!!! I have a constant reoccurring dream of me being out in public, and suddenly realizing I forgot to put my pants on that day. Then I try to find things to hide behind out or pure embarassment.

I looked up the meaning (yes, I know...I'm pathetic). The interpretation stated it has something to do with insecurity or a sense of discomfort in new surroundings. Which, I have been throwing myself into a lot lately! (new job, entering the "real world", the house debackle, training for a marathon, dealing with an injury)...... So it makes sense!

Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
Ha, this has been a season of 'new environments/stressors' for you! You are handling it all so well, though! It's alot of stress, though! :P

Your answer about Christmas shopping made me laugh. Too funny!
Marlys said…
Your responses made me smile and laugh! It was so you! I wish some part of my life felt organized right now - but my kitchen is torn apart so I can texture and paint, so the rest of the house is a dabacle along with it! I yearn for organization! And someday, I hope you get a music room!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...