Well, that was productive. (sarcasm) But I do plan on finishing it. Kind of like I plan on some day finishing the quit that I seriously started 11 years ago.
I just like to take my little breaks! And today is goals -- which is a big focus for me lately since there's been so many life changes!
First, let me tell you -- that I'm obsessed with goals. I eat, breathe, and sleep goals. Short term, intermediate, and long term. I'm like a walking calendar. Some say that's a "flaw" -- but it's how I like life. So I'll probably keep it that way!
Here are my goals that I'm thinking about right now....
- Make the adjustment to night shift this week without turning into a walking zombie. (I am SO not a night person!!!)
- Start taking body combat classes (it's like...kick boxing kind of *I think*) at our new gym
- Get all pictures, shelves, and art hung out on the walls by Wednesday
- Attend a self-defense class this year
- Get back to Day Shift by June
- Get a job either in the OR (operating room) or ER (emergency room) by next year (I'm locked in on my cardiac unit until November of 2011 per contract)
- Plant Garden and start canning
- Plant grass (sounds simple to some of you..but it's different in the Sonoran Desert!)
- Start Rock Climbing...despite my irrational fear of heights
- Either become a Nurse Practitioner or take a management role within a hospital/clinic/surgery center
- Some day...I want Ryan and I do be the "Marriage Preparation Teachers" (before we got married, the Catholic church had us do several months of one-on-one classes with another couple who were very wise -- and my dream is some day we'll be that wise married couple)
- Vacation to Germany in the next 5 years
- To act in a musical -- even if it's just a cute little community theater
- To have 1 or 2 "Lil Nastase's" running around
So Ryan and I joined a gym this weekend in the new neighborhood. We got complimentary personal training sessions. I already have a feeling my trainer is going to be a meat-head. So...be prepared for a "rant post" to come soon. They unfortunately didn't have any female trainers. Lord. Help. Me. It's only 1 hour. It can't be that embarassing, right?!