Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicken Kabobs with Thai Peanut Sauce

It is time for a recipe post! On Saint Patricks' Day, I made corned beef & cabbage, paired up with Irish Soda bread, and I made a promise (on facebook) that I would do a post on that...

But I just couldn't. I'm going to be honest & say I'm not a big "corned beef fan". The recipe turned out well, but I just don't love it.

So I decided to throw this one at you all, instead! I highly recommend, as it is amazing. It was my "pre-race fuel" on Saturday night. I paired this with a whole-wheat pasta salad to get my carbs!


  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper sauce
  • 1 thai pepper (or jalepeno), finely chopped
  • 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper (I used 1/2 green & 1/2 red to add some color), chopped into squares
  • pineapple chunk
  • Red onion, chopped into squares
  1. Chop all ingredients & place into containers or piles for kabob building
  2. In a 2 quart saucepan, mix P.B., soy sauce, vinegar, & chopped jalepeno until smooth. Stir in sugar & pepper sauce. Cook over med-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Reserve a small amount for a "dipping sauce"
  4. Pour the remaining sauce over your chicken. Allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
  5. Build skewers, alternating the chicken, onions, peppers, & pineapple. (***If using wooden skewers, remember to soak in warm water prior to building)
  6. Start gas or charcoal grill. And grill until chicken is cooked through.
  7. Serve with the dipping sauce.



The finshed product. I definitely recommend. I wasn't so sure about cooking with peanut butter -- but it had a very interesting rich taste. Adding a kick of hot-peppers/spice is essential, I believe!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum - that looks delicious. I haven't made skewers before, but now that I have access to a grill I want to. They are so good!

Marlys said...

Recipe sounds very interesting! And they look so good! We haven't dug our grill out yet but will save this recipe to try! Yum Yum!