But let me just say, because I am incapable of holding back my words, that we have had to get our door to our room fixed 5 times now. Yep. That means I've been locked out of the room 5 different times. On Friday when I got locked out, it was after my 9 mile run. It took 2 hours for them to fix it! So I sat out in the sultry Texas heat before I could get into my room and get some post-run hydration, food, and shower!! Oh, and the front desk told me I "wasn't helping the situation because I refused to be moved to a different room". We live here for 4 months. Moving 4 months worth of shit is not helpful.
Okay, back to Wednesday smiles.
Here are the little things that are bringing great smiles to my face today.
- The days I don't work, I get to eat lunch with Ryan. Living on base has it's challenges, but I love that even when Ryan has a 30 minute lunch he gets to come "home" (to our hotel room). I make him sandwiches, and it makes me feel like old-fashioned-trophy-wife. This is probably the only time in our life we will have this luxury (until we retire...). So I'm relishing in this little blessing.
- I am currently roasting beets. In our hotel room. In my crockpot. I never thought I'd roast a large quantity of beets in a hotel room. There's a first time for everything.
- I cannot wait to enjoy these beets over a bed of arugala, kale, spinach, and chicken breasts for dinner tonight! I adore beets. I am trying to convert Ryan to a "beet lover". Cross your fingers, please! He knows not what he's missing.
- I'm doing a leg workout with Ryan tonight that involves 150 leg presses, 120 lunges, 90 hamstring curls, and 60 quadricep extensions. Although my stomach is queasy thinking about this -- I love the fun of challenging weight lifting workouts!
- I found a Bourbon Slush recipe to serve at our "Welcome Home" BBQ. It has Bourbon, Orange juice, lemonade, and tea. I think it will perfectly accompany the pork shoulder we will be smoking. We are bringing a little Texas "home" with us!
- There are 8 shifts left of this travel contract from h-e-l-l. 7 down! Meaning tomorrow at 1:30, I will be at my half-way point. On Sunday, I texted a "rhyme" to my husband for every hour counting down my excitement of getting out of there. Meaning I wrote 12 rhymes during the day.
- Don't judge me.
- Saturday we are going to Six Flags. Ryan is making me. I am terrified. Last time I went on a roller coaster, I cried like a young child. 60% of me is excited to do something childishly fun. The other 40% of me is terrified. I will be fasting Saturday prior to this, so I don't loose my cookies on the "Terrorcoaster".
What simple pleasures are bringing you joy this week?