- I have not cooked a dinner in 2 weeks. I did so well all summer long - using the crockpot in such creative ways. Some fuse in me has burnt out, and my care and dedication to being a great "hotel"maker has vanished.
- I never thought this day would come, but I think I'm sick of the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sub at Subway. (I consume this about 3 meals/week). Yet, I'm too much of a creature of habit to just...order a different sandwich!
- Part of me feels guilty that I won't be accompanying Ryan to his next school in California. Especially after I was visiting with one of the wives last week at a bbq, who is accompanying her husband in a kitchenless hotel room for 5 months with their 3 month-old. (the hotel room at the next school doesn't even have a kitchen sink!)
- I felt even worse when she said, "Hey, we're a family. We stick together!"
- I got to run today! I've had no pain in my toe all week. I was all smiles. I'm proceeding with caution, however!
- We decided to keep our landscaping service and pool guy, even though I'll be home. I know I can clean the pool and keep up our yard...but it's kind of nice to not have to worry about it! (Feeling guilty)
- I'm done with my travel assignment! I left on good conditions from the hospital, and they invited me to return again. I am so happy I did this, and will recommend this to every new-ish nurse I ever meet! It made me grow a lot, and I feel like such a stronger ER nurse after this experience!
- My last draw with this hotel room came this weekend. I've been noticing little welts all over my body, and I'd barely been outside because I'd been working. Well, we found a MONSTER cob web on the ceiling. Halloween decoration style!!! I'm pretty sure those welts are spider bites. Now I don't sleep at night very well. (In fact the other night I was awake every hour, either itching my welts or pacing around the kitchen in a state of insomnia)
- Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Ack!!!! Grosss!!!!!!!!!
- On Sunday I went shopping for an outfit for Ryan's wing-pinning ceremony. I bought a swimming suit, 2 pairs of running shorts, a new sports bra, and a new workout tank-top before Ryan literally had to drag me by my arm to a store and force me to find something his his ceremony. I'm not so good at shopping. :)
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Here are my confessions......