Skip to main content

30 Days of Gratitude: Week 3

The strongest part of my body in this moment is......I'd have to say my legs. Even after basically taking a 3 week break from running (with a few intermittent jogs in the middle) - I am clear to resume training. I went for a 10 mile run yesterday, and worried that I wouldn't be able to carry though. But to be honest, my legs didn't even feel a hint of soreness. I have all the strength training and biking to thank for that!

Even after a rough day at work, the things I'm most grateful for are.....This answer is very evident for me right now! My coworkers. After working at different hospitals in a different state this summer, I gained a serious appreciation for my coworkers. I honestly think my ER is the dream team of ER's. No matter how busy it is, everyone helps each other out. People always have your back, and that energy is contagious. We all work as a cohesive team, and we find things to laugh and smile about throughout the day. It makes even the worse days enjoyable.

I also love that I am an 8 minute drive from my house. Yep. It takes 8 minutes every single day.

I'm grateful that my legs carry me....Period. I have a very active job, that requires me to be running around on my feet for 12 hours at a time. I also enjoy an active lifestyle. Over the past year, I've had 3 incidents where walking hurt -- so my appreciation for moving pain free overflows!!

I felt a little burst of energy today when....The alarm went off at 4:45 am, I grumbled a little and was still in that "confused awakening fog". I then remembered, "I'm not in Texas anymore!!!!!"

The best song I heard today was.....It's early, so I'm going to pick yesterday's best song. We had a little dinner party last night, and after our guests left I was doing dishes and our music was still playing. The song "Lazy Mary" came on, and Ryan and I started dancing in our kitchen - and it just brought me great joy and laughter.

When I look inside my closet I'm grateful for....So many things. 1) Obviously that I have clothes. 2) That I can afford to have clean clothes. And clean water in order to launder those clothes. 3) That most of my closet is full of summer clothing, swimming suits, and dresses because I live in a warm & sunny climate. 4) That my closet is no longer the kitchen pantry in a hotel room. 5) That I don't own any rompers.

Your turn to answer these questions!

Comments

Marlys said…
I love that song and can see why you started dancing! That made me happy! The strongest part of my body is, hmmm, my heart? The best song I heard today was the one you posted here! LOL!
When I look inside my closet I'm grateful that I do have clothes, but I need to pack my summer clothes away and make room for the winter ones! My closet is packed! I should even pack some up and take to a second hand store! I haven't felt a burst of energy today yet, but when I get to the lake, I will! If it's not raining I will mow the lawn and that always makes my energy level jump! I'm grateful that it only takes me 1 minute to get to work and rarely do I have to stop for traffic at all!
Ha, I am thankful you don't own any rompers, either! ;) I am doing my post on Friday so will answer these questions, too. I am so happy you are back home!!! :)

I am grateful that I will see you tomorrow night!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c