I didn't do one last week...so I'm going to include the past 2 weeks headliners. Don't worry, it won't be too lengthy. Monday-Thursday of this week were pretty bland.
- My Monday night dinner dates with my friends Heather & Kristy and their boys. They are cousins, and have this traditional date every Monday night...but I have joined in the past 2 weeks. It's really been nice to catch up with them. I don't know what I'd do without my girlfriends!!
- Ryan's visit last weekend. We had a blast! It went faster than the blink of an eye! I got home from work Friday night, we went out for dinner, we had Saturday together, and he left Sunday after lunch. Saying goodbye gets harder every time..... I'm ready for this phase to be behind us.
- Our date last Friday. We walked up to our favorite brewery, Noble Hops - had a beer & Ahi Tuna burgers (Raw ahi, wasabi, avocado, arugula, roasted red peppers, yum). After dinner, I was craving ice cream so we walked to the grocery store and bought whole chickens, almond milk, and ice cream.......and the bags broke on the walk home. Needless to say, we were picking rolling whole chickens up off the golf course...laughing hysterically.
- I was helping set up long-term-care insurance for a patient today, who's husband has late-stage dementia. And when he came into the room....I got teary eyed. 62 years of marriage. He didn't know the date, year, or where he was...but he would repeat over and over again, "I love her so much. I just love her. She's the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world." And he kept hugging, and kissing her hands. I don't cry often, but that one got me.
- During my run this morning, we saw an owl! On the flagpole of an American flag. It was so neat! By the time I whipped out my phone to take a picture, it had flown away. But, it was pretty cool. There are some really neat gifts we get to see, by being up before the sun!
What were your week highlights??